Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
There's a guy that lives somewhere in the hilss of N. GA that does the most spectacular restorations of CBs He will sell them regularly on ebay for between $3500-$5000.
I saw the very site and was wondering how Honda would be able to get the "air-cooled" bike through Euro and EPA standards? Seems fuel injection has to be a must (ask Triumph) but without an oil-cooler and 200lbs worth of exhaust it seems far fetched.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw the article about the NOS CB750 guy--looked beautiful, but gotta be expensive and the bottom line is you'd be riding a 35-year-old bike. Not that there's anything wrong with that, and I'd love to have one. But I'd be pretty hot for something that LOOKED a lot like a '69 CB750, and had modern brakes, engine, suspension, pretty much everything. Sort of the way Triumph did the Bonneville, but with four cylinder punch and Honda build quality. I agree that if it was really to be air cooled, it would, at a minimum, be likely to have EFI in order to clear emissions. I'm wondering if a decoratively finned but water cooled engine might be more likely. Guess it's all pretty speculative at the moment....

Also think I'll keep my eye out for the Georgia bikes. Probably ought to have a CB 750 in the garage.

Best,

Wes

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
>But I'd be pretty hot for something that LOOKED a lot like a '69 CB
>750, and had modern brakes, engine, suspension, pretty much
>everything.

Way to go fellow northerer. If you built a retro PC you wouldn't want the original 8086 chip in it

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sounds great! Until I reach for the checkbook. Think I'll live in the present and plan for the future. Will continue to leave reliving the past to others - not that there is anything wrong with that.

And silly me for thinking Honda should (FINALLY) give us a revamped Varadero type bike and figger out a way to deliver a big sport tourer that don't weigh no 700+ lbs and a Gold Wing that don't need no $2K worth of suspension work and....:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.