Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Original Article:
http://www.motorcycle.com//news/new-indian-chief-reaches-prototype-stage-71669.html

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article New Indian Chief Reaches Prototype Stage in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Let me make sure I understand this. They are going to enter a saturated big twin market with lagging sales? They are going to do this with the same bikes that didn't sell worth a shyt the last time?

Are we sure they aren't getting "managed" by out of work soviet officials?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
...oh no. Not again. Man the bilge pumps!

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Let me make sure I understand this. They are going to enter a saturated big twin market with lagging sales? They are going to do this with the same bikes that didn't sell worth a shyt the last time?

Are we sure they aren't getting "managed" by out of work soviet officials?
Mmmmm, more cheap, used bikes coming to the market at a Craigslist near you!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
This is just embarrassing like watching the Special Olympics, you can't help feeling sorry for them. It's like for Gods sake man give it a rest, that corpse has been picked over so many times the maggots are carrying lunch pails. It's beyond a joke.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Nah. Not sorry.

This is just embarrassing like watching the Special Olympics, you can't help feeling sorry for them. It's like for Gods sake man give it a rest, that corpse has been picked over so many times the maggots are carrying lunch pails. It's beyond a joke.
I save sorry for guys like the guy who tried to resurrect Norton. The folly of this Indian resurrection can be seen in flaming letters 5 thousand feet high in the sky overhead that say, "This is a really really bad idea".

It'd be interesting to find out how much of the investors' money ended up in Swiss accounts overseas a la the Exelsior-Henderson scam.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I save sorry for guys like the guy who tried to resurrect Norton. The folly of this Indian resurrection can be seen in flaming letters 5 thousand feet high in the sky overhead that say, "This is a really really bad idea".

It'd be interesting to find out how much of the investors' money ended up in Swiss accounts overseas a la the Exelsior-Henderson scam.
That's the sad part, there'll be enough true believers who fall for the sales pitch and cough up their money then loose their butts to write a book

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
I have to wonder how many previous Indian dealerships are going to cough up their "floor plan" money and put these "new" bikes on the showroom floor. Not to mention parts inventory, accessories, etc. I'm thinking: zip, nada, nobody, none, negativo. It's one thing to sucker in some bozo who thinks it's cool to have a bike that's "different," it's quite another thing to get a dealer who lost his shirt on their last fiasco to take that chance again.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I would be very surprised if they get past the prototype-give us money stage myself. Amazingly enough there'll be enough fools with money to net them a few hundred grand before they ease out the back door.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I would be very surprised if they get past the prototype-give us money stage myself. Amazingly enough there'll be enough fools with money to net them a few hundred grand before they ease out the back door.
This is the same company that revived Chris Craft boats so who knows? It's got to be more than an Evo clone though. Maybe they could make them out of mahogany.

My heart goes all a twitter when I see those mahogany boats cruising around Lake Tahoe. Floating art they are.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I must admit that the design of that bike is gorgeous. Tasteful and classic, and the Powerplus engine also looks *right*. It may be just another narrow-angle V-twin but Indian does have a very very nice look. I hope they succeed although (as the rest of you do) I fear they will not

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
When I worked at Cycle Sorcery back in the late 90s I watch the debacle start. I thought Eller was jerked around by the Feds and big money and still do. You can't run a clone company like a manufaturer- period. These guys will spend gobs of money and in 4 yrs sell off Indian- just before they crash the marquee, again.
Eller had a design, test bed and a powerplant designed by none other than Rousch Racing. It would have been a beautiful resurrection of the brand and our imperial federal gov't blew it.
I'm not looking forward to the new bike because it's just a reminder of the previous owners mistakes.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
This is the same company that revived Chris Craft boats so who knows? It's got to be more than an Evo clone though. Maybe they could make them out of mahogany.

My heart goes all a twitter when I see those mahogany boats cruising around Lake Tahoe. Floating art they are.
We had old mahogany 45' picket boats, some old 25' metal tub boats and some 16' Boston Whalers as well as PBRs in my gunboat division. Mahogany boats are pretty but sure are much heavier and higher maintenance.

They don't like the shock from nearby explosions much either. Works the joints loose. That's probably not a problem on Lake Tahoe..... yet. Just wait 'til we kill ******!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Ha!

You people are all so cynical. I'm glad I'm not like you guys!
You're busily redefining the paradigm and promoting positive metrics again I see. Don't forget to account the implicit phonological awareness tasks that are sensitive to developmental differences.

They are making me read this new management model shyt at work again. Maybe Indian should hire some MBAs. That'd really fix 'em.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.