Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice bike, and I really like the consumer feedback section for the fairing design. Pity Suzuki didn't do that for the new gixers.

That horizontal twin headlight design is wicked. Definately makes it look like a Ghost / Ghost Strike for the 21st Century.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Get this. Benelli, known in the past for building a load of singles and a really neat but troublesome 6 cyclinder returns with a high tech triple.

Laverda, known for its high performance triples, gives us yet another Rotax powered clone. Are they just rebadged Aprilias?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Amazing...something we actually agreed on. The Laverda story has some wonderful history and has weathered difficult times, but to reincarnate as a re-boxed bike will surely end the legacy. Sad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Having been around a while, I would prefer the idea of a Jota that is a triple updated..it was a big bad muttha then and not many could tame it (similar to current litre bikes really!)

SFCs are most famous as twins, but 750s. Years ago I could have got one relatively cheaply but it needed cosmetic work..it was a really well used machine...and now I find out little more than 500 were made..fool me for being practical as the SFC was uncompromising.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fellow Laveristi and enthusiasts of the marque:

The engine had completed dyno time. 'Looks' damn

good also! Naked bike later??

But, and you Laverda poeple know what I'm going

to share, bring out the six. 150 reliable HP back then. Think of today with today's materials and mfg. capabilities.

Why try to compete with a new R1 or... plenty of us,

would enjoy a new v6. Besides,

for those who have seen a photo of the engine or the real thing, it is showstopping beautiful. Yes, I'm jaded.

The folks at 'A' blew it with the twin. Once again

'Senior Accountants' with their infinate wisdom dictated.............I know, I work for one in a differ industry and it's much the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.