Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Now, who thinks that they should do this for every rider under 21 in every state? Really, if you hold a M class permit and have had it less than 3 years (no matter the age) you should be issued the "special" tags for at least three years. I'd like to know who to avoid when riding Deal's Gap. Wouldn't you?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I think they should introduce a compulsory day-glo neon vest for all riders, with register plate on the front and in the back, like they have in Colombia. This would make any bad ass chopper guy look like an overripe pizza delivery boy.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Any state that allows you (at age 14) to obtain a motorcycle license before you can legally drive a car should have the highest insurance rates in the nation. But that's not the case is it?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me. With todays traffic densities and inattentive cagers visibility is pretty crucial. Coupled with their loud pipes you'd see and hear them coming a mile away.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here's a whacky idea:

How about the motorcycle license test being made slightly harder than just a couple of circuits of a parking lot? That might save some lives huh?

Oh and let's try to keep litre bikes out the hands of anyone under 25.

Watch out Ralph Nader.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Why stop there? How about special license plates for EVERYONE under the age of 21? Those guys/gals are the most dangerous drivers out there. Let's get the second most dangerous group of drivers too. All drivers over 70 have to have special plates.. and a big sign on the roof of their car that sez, "Danger. Old Coot Behind The Wheel."

·
Registered
956 Posts
The latter may be the best idea yet. If you haven't done it yet just wait till you have to take the keys away from a parent.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Red- it's on the floor. Call Alex and tell him you will be here in a few hours- We're open 'til 8pm tonight.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Been there. Grandma is still pi$$ed at me. But there is never a come back for " You don't want to be the Grandma that injures 27 while backing out of a parking space at the market do you?" They hate it but cannot respond to it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
As one who believes that there are far too many laws already I look suspiciously at new ones.

Boy was I wrong! Just because someone is mature enough to kill and die for ones Country at 18 (17 if you're lucky enough to get your parents permission) doesn't mean that they're mature enough to ride to the store without a helmet and not get a beer on a hot day.

Watch out for old Jeb! He was a signatory on The Project for a New American Century (PNAC), he's a NeoCon! Good riddance to the Basturd!

"Council on the Social Status of Black Men and Boys."??? Say what!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I did have to take them from my Dad after his stroke. He was very persistent though and once managed to get his caregiver to leave him in the car with the keys. He managed to slide behind the wheel (no mean feat since he was paralyzed on the left side), start the car and run it into a brick wall.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Y'know, some voids are best left unfilled...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I could go with that but everyone knows that athletic skills peak as teenagers, right? That's why 18 year olds are used, right? I'll bet that "fragging" incidents would go way up though, Men don't make good pawns unless they allow it for one reason or another (an 18 year old may be a Man but I'd think a higher percentage would be at 21). Try to tell a Man that if he doesn't do something then he's not a Man, that works far better with boys.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Generalities are dangerous. 18 year olds supposedly have the fastest reactions, but 18 year olds generally have not achieved their full upper body growth.

The real reason the military likes 18-19 year olds is because they are easier to condition. In other words 19 year olds will accept orders that 25 year olds would laugh at.

If the US Army of Vietnam War had had an average age of 25 like it did in WWII the response that Lt. Calley would have gotten to his orders at My Lai to shoot civilians would probably have been a refusal... if they didn't shoot him. Remember that it was an older helicopter pilot Warrant Officer who put an end to the massacre by telling Calley he would open fire on him if they shot any more civilians. Calley himself was a 22 year old OCS grad who would never have been commissioned during WWII or Korea.

I was often at more risk from the other bored, armed and unsupervised 19 year olds than I was from the NVA. I could tell stories about idiots playing catch with concussion grenades and blowing the shyt out of themselves.... blowing holes in their own boats.... getting splinters from blowing up ammo boxes to "see what would happen", etc etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.