Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'm sure the web god for MO has it on his list of things to work on, so just bear with us. This was a huge change and the lack of editing ability is one of the teething problems.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
In that case, if you ever do want to edit a post just message me and I'll fix it for you

·
Registered
328 Posts
Good luck & farewell!

After more years (seven?) paying the subscription than I can recall, I asked for my money back last weekend. Nothing against you folks who created the content, though the level of writing has fallen off the last few years. Rather, this site is hideous, busy to look at, and overly organized. After my third trip through the new menu system looking at the same old stories, I'd had enough. As a final straw, the form for refund requests gave errors and I had to send the info via email.

I'll check in from time to time, but it's sayonara now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm trying to get used to the new forum format. Like trying to find stuff, for example. Forum links are harder to follow now. Otherwise the new site is better, but what do I know?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yup, I've never been able to edit my posts either. Not that I care if I can or can't, I can live with a few typos or whatever.

I'm only a minor diety, so I'm adept at human-like mistakes from time to time.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I'll check in from time to time, but it's sayonara now.
Sorry to see you go. I'm waiting for a bit longer, hope maybe something can be "worked out" with this ding-blasted forum.

I absolutely detest this BB-stylee forums; MO was the only one I posted regularly on - because I could "nest" everything on one page, and you could follow the conversation-tree. Even this "hybrid" style is a POS compared to the old MO forum.

I'm gonna tough it out a bit longer. Mainly, 'cuz I don't spend but the tiniest fraction of my time on here anymore (compared to before).

·
Registered
265 Posts
landracing.com - Home has a similar web page layout, but has a cleaner look and is easier to navigate. I suspect that you will be making some slight adjustments from time to time, so you ought to look at other sites for ideas for future enhancements. Just a suggestion, not an order. But then again...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got to agree with DaveFla. I've been a member for a couple years now and the new site may be a bit flashier, but it's terrible to navigate through. Not only have the forums gotten harder to use and read, the "news" is getting pretty sparse. How hard is it to post a link to a story that someone else already wrote? Methinks the end is nigh.

·
Registered
530 Posts
landracing.com - Home has a similar web page layout, but has a cleaner look and is easier to navigate. I suspect that you will be making some slight adjustments from time to time, so you ought to look at other sites for ideas for future enhancements. Just a suggestion, not an order. But then again...
landracing.com ain't any better and it's hell of lot uglier. I'm not fond of the new MO site -- especially the forums -- but some site's aren't worth mimicking.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll chime in with the rest of the Luddites, I like the old site better. The new site is slick and flashy sure, but the old one was like an old friend. How about an MO Classic version for us old-timers?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ok - I'm now feeling a bit less grumpy about the Forum. Really, really should be simpler. See BMW MOA Forum, FJR Forum and BMW SportTouring.com Forum for what I prefer.

But I suppose I'll quit whining and try to muddle through the instructions and learn how to use the Rube Goldberg version....

Actually the truth is that I'm uber busy at work. Heck fire, I've driven -yes, a CAR - to Mobile, AL and Knoxville, TN this week. Talk about dull. Jeez.:(

·
Registered
146 Posts
What's happened to MO ?

I used to come to MO most days to check out the latest stories, news and tests of bikes and gear.

Then things dried up - with most of the new material posted by members and frequently linked to elsewhere.

The new site has been up for a while now, but I dont see any reason to come here other than maybe once per week, and there's not been much of interest.

There's heaps more info on other sites, especially news.

The new MO, so far, is not only clumsier to use but has more ad's than recent content.

Unless I'm using it wrong??............

Maybe they set the bar too high, maybe they're under-resourced.

e.g. It was dissapointing that the story on the Motocyz thingy was headed 'by motorcycle.com staff' but was almost word for word what was on the manufacturers website.
That's not journalism.

Hope things get better or I'll be gone.

That'd be dissapointing as I've been here since day one.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
My fav quote about one of the "Winners":

"Everything that could possibly be wrong with a web site is wrong with this one. Seriously. It’s so bad I can’t even come up with words to describe how terrible it truly is. If you designed a web site with the specific goal of making it so obnoxious that it drove people away, and with the secondary goal of making it maximally difficult to glean even the smallest iota of information about the products from the web site, this is the design you’d come up with.

It’s really, really, REALLY bad."

·
Banned
174 Posts
Habsdoc's last post was this one.. :) i.e for someone that likes it he sure doesn't post much.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Agreed. The new interface is flashy but less functional. And is anyone writing articles anymore??

I used to come to MO most days to check out the latest stories, news and tests of bikes and gear.

Then things dried up - with most of the new material posted by members and frequently linked to elsewhere.

The new site has been up for a while now, but I dont see any reason to come here other than maybe once per week, and there's not been much of interest.

There's heaps more info on other sites, especially news.

The new MO, so far, is not only clumsier to use but has more ad's than recent content.

Unless I'm using it wrong??............

Maybe they set the bar too high, maybe they're under-resourced.

e.g. It was dissapointing that the story on the Motocyz thingy was headed 'by motorcycle.com staff' but was almost word for word what was on the manufacturers website.
That's not journalism.

Hope things get better or I'll be gone.

That'd be dissapointing as I've been here since day one.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.