Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why must they use the old motor for this bike. Couldn't they have done what yamaha has done to their New Fazer. Unless they need a couple of years to work the bugs out of the New GIXXER.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The link to www.youngmachine.com is right on the money. That's the bike. Speculating on why they used the Bandit engine, here are two reasons: First, to look retro, which is immensely popular in Japan and also does well in the US, as the ZRX1100 proved. Second, to keep costs down. Suzuki likes to sell bikes that are competitively priced and they cut corners to do so, hence the 4-pot brakes, tube frame and twin shocks. This bike is all about attitude. Riders who want state of the art can buy a GSXR.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: marketing out of control

I disagree Honda has more models then Suzuki but

Yamaha doesn't have much left unless you want a cruiser or sport bike. Yamaha dropped all their daul sports except the two little ones. They have one standard which hasn't even made it to the states yet. The yzf600 is a nice bike but I would of drather seen them keep yzf1000.

Honda has the goldwing, vfr, XL650, st1100, CBR1100xx and some small entry bikes that Yamaha has nothing that matches. Honda covers the most breadth of products unless you are thinking of supper-sport bikes only.

Tony

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can NOT believe that the late 70's-80's are considered retro. Most of the bikes of that era are butt-ugly! (Give or take the odd Benelli, CBX, or Yamaha FJ) Why? It's been done, so wait at least until the bike can legally be an antique (and is desired) before you recreate some antiquated bomb that merely consists of tack-ons to an existing platform without increasing comfort or performance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.