Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
First on topic post, anyway. I've seen the trailer, and it looks like a cool flick. However, don't be surprised if the movie concentrates on the 4 wheel crowd.

I still don't get it. 2 wheeled racing is much more accesible to the masses, especially off-road, and yet crap like NASCAR and Trophy Trucks get all the the attention, largely because of advertising budgets.

I have raced in Mexico against 4 wheelers. There is nothing like passing broken down buggies while you roost past them. Those monsters are huge money pits (compared to the small money holes that racing bikes are!) that have an uneviable finishing record.

In any case, I will see this movie at the first opportunity. I just hope that is not just another dissappointment.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The TV show 4-wheeler TV on the outdoor channel had a whole show on this movie the other day, and suffice it to say the cinematography looked stunning. Seeing Mexicans lining both sides of the course at the beginning creating two walls of humans with barely enough room to get the truck through was unbelievable (also the fact that sometimes they are literally diving out of the way of the trucks as they race towards them.)

The helicopter shots, the in-vehicle shots, all incredible. The story was intruiging as well.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Any movie with Malcolm Smith in it is worth watching. The guy is amazing and can still change a tire faster than you put on your riding gear. I believe he and his team won their age group in that race this year. On a slightly-related topic, Mert Lawill has an interesting Harley that he will be offering for sale for about $26,000. Someone needs to get Smith and Lawill back together in a movie. I only wish Steve McQueen could join them.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
...like the tail of a kite...

Hey, right now I'm wearing my On Any Sunday T-shirt , drinking out of my On Any Sunday coffee cup, with On Any Sunday flip-flops on my feet (got 'em in Brazil).

So don't tell me about On Any Sunday. I've worn out three On Any Sunday video tapes. I just got the DVD lost scene collection. Books. Cassette tapes. Records. Posters. In fact, I've memorized the entire dialogue and sound track. In English and Portugese.

I am also the king of On Any Sunday trivia: Like, what was the bike Mert Lawill rode in the dune/beach scene? Don't know do you...!?

I doubt if this new version will even make a blip on the radar. Too bad.

The original OAS captured a time and place that can't be re-created.

Unless of course, you happen to be in my garage...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.