Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
How are we going to get other drivers to see motorcyclists? Couple of really simple things: disallow "I didn't see him/her," as an excuse for impeding a bikers right of way, and impose stiffer punishments for drivers who injure or kill bikers. If you are found guilty of a right of way infraction, lose your license for 30 days, mandatory. If you are found guilty of a right of way infraction that causes an injury, mandatory 48 hrs in jail. And if you kill someone for impeding their right of way, minimum 1-year (or more, but heck, lets start realistically, and right now these people are walking off scott-free) sentence, mandatory.

I just don't get it--I mean, at the very least, start increasing the fines for this type of behavior (OK, and traveling in the passing/left lane) so that people start feeling the sting for driving while stupid and give the state tax collectors/police something to do other than issue speeding tickets at the same time. Win win situation...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.