Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
$700 for a helmet?

Are you kidding? "Ricky Racer" can't justify $30 for gloves let alone $700 for a helmet. They usually wear whatever helmet the dealer through in (around here it's the HJC CL-12 9 times out of 10).

Real racers, of course, buy whatever design is on closeout from last year to save a few bucks.

It's guys like me that don't have a racing addiction to feed and aren't saving pennies to buy a new Ti exhaust that get these. See, we need to off set our Aerostich Roadcrafters and other elments of practical motorcycling. (functional luggage, waterproof boots, heated grips) ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Agreed. News is news, press releases are press releases. Confusing one with the other is bad.

I trust MO will take care of this without anyone having to go KPaul on the subject.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Last racer-replica I wanted was the original white-base Doohan, which should have been issued with every first-year CBR900RR.

You can't be who your fakey-do helmet says you are; have the guts to design your own. Besides, the flat-black or white ones are cheaper, no? Support your local airbrusher!

·
Registered
230 Posts
In defense of the CL-12

The HJC CL-12 is a pretty darn good helmet. I have one for track days, when I can't wear my HJC Symax. Both lids look pretty good with my 2 pc. Roadcrafter.

The days of Korean helmets being inferior are about over. Have you seen some of the new KBC lids? They're pretty sharp. Five years ago, I wouldn't have touched a KBC or a HJC with a ten foot pole. Now they are making high quality, comfortable, durable Snell rated lids at rock bottom prices.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I paid less for my first bike...not all that long ago. It improved my riding skills much more than this helmet could. Am I implying that this helmet will not get anyone around a track quicker than a helmet priced in our atmosphere, as opposed to the stratosphere? Repeat after me, "Buying a helmet that looks like Hayden's will not enable me to ride like Hayden."

How can Maaco paint a car for $300 (granted, it will be a crappy job) but Arai can get away with charging $300 to paint a helmet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can get an Arai RX-7RR4 for $425 bucks at www.kneedraggers.com and get it painted for cheap by an airbrusher. The badest helmet I ever saw was on the Las Vegas Extremes 2 video. It was a Shoei and it had pictures from how should I word this um "Gentlemens Magazines" of women performing a certain act on each other. It was coverd with them. They somehow laminated them on the helmet it was awsome.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.