Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Has a FP-1 finished a race?

I know they were experimenting with afterburners to get a little more speed, but the other racers were complaining about the runt paint jobs and warped visors. Will the street version get off-road pipes with flame arrestors?

·
Registered
373 Posts
And I criticized the Ducati Multistrada for being hit with the ugly stick? I need to rethink that....hmmm...yes, the ugly was lent to the design team of the Petronas FP1! $45K for ugly. Yes, Jay Leno should buy this piece 'o crap and add it to his mindless collection. And furthermore I'm sick of hearing about Jay Leno. You'd think he's some kind of motorcycle guru when all he is a comedian, an actor, he who adds little or nothing to society.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Leno's collection

Actually, Leno does a great deal of charitable work (both with his money and his time), and he does support many motorcycle-related charities as part of this. Not only does his donations and work add to society, but it also improves the image of bikers. He may 'just' be a celebrity, but he also happens to be a celebrity that rides and helps out those that ride.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The FP-1 racebike did not make a handsome streetbike. This thing makes the Ducati 999 look like, uhhhh Pam Anderson! Oh I just heard she has hep C, too bad. I'm sure some California rock band members are running to their respective clinics as we speak....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Screw you guys I think it's stunning. Look closer; check out the exhaust tip, swingarm, rims, lamps, suspension, brakes. You're paying for the comonentry in this thing. All top-shelf shiite. Umm, does look a LITTLE goofy from the front.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: New Petronas Mysterybike

The Patronas website doesn't give much information on the bike.

Like, how many cylinders does it have? What's the frame made out of? Valve configuration?

And what's all this talk about afterburners?

Sounds like a hoax to me. Maybe they can sell one to Rodman.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.