Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now the AMA is promoting "flexible and emergency" rule changing? What a crock of $hit! Don't they realise that, yes they are very "transparent" in their intentions? No wander that Honda has pulled out of their stupid board. As Honda reps said it, a rule book is and should be the most sacred and solid structure in racing! Without that, racing becomes a joke that borders on the grotesque.

As usual the AMA bends over backwards to acomodate Harley Davidson and they try to disguise it as a great and noble move!

This year will be my last as a member of their pathetic organisation. They have been very detrimental to racing in this country and now are well on their way to putting the last nail in the proverbial coffin.

AMA, GO TO HELL!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Are you talking about the new Buell for FX (the class that Honda isn't even competing in any more)? The one that costs maybe 1/4 as much as last years FX Hondas?

Yeah, I can really see where the Honda boys must feel victimized... the ENTIRE Buell development budget and production of all 50 privateer bikes probably cost less than what HRC spends on swag like shirts and ball caps each year

what Buell is doing, offering real privateers a competitive race bike at a super-bargain $30K, is unprecedented in road racing. The only thing like it was back when Harley would sell any flat tracker an XR750

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Yeah, the AMA doesn't want to horn in on NASCAR. At Daytona today they had Bon Jovi playing before the race, James Caan doing the starting duties, Jay Leno driving the pace car, Will Farrell doing a commercial for em, and 200 thou were in the stands watching. I hear the Daytona MC race has Boxcar Willie lined up to entertain the 300 people in the stands. Should be some party!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, and I remember when Ricky Graham and Bubba Shobert, on Hondas, were kicking the pi$$ out of Harley Davidson on the flat tracks of America, only to have the AMA change the rules to turn the "scales" in favor of Harley Davidson, and Honda saying good bye for ever from flat tracking. And by the way, in case you do not understand what a rule book is all about, it is about being fair and not about changing the rules with, and I quote, "flexible and emergency rules"

And I am not sticking up for Honda, Ducati, Suzuki or any other manufacturer, I am sticking up for the future of racing in this country!

·
Registered
14 Posts
What 50 bikes? They approved the Buell for Daytona without any homologation bikes existing! Just another example of the corrupt AMA arbitrarily ignoring its own rules in oredr to favor Harley.

This is what has just about killed flat track.

·
Registered
514 Posts
These aren't a new bike that needs to be homologated, this is a legal modification of the Buell XB12Ss which Buell has sold hundreds of.

The only thing Buell did "wrong" was let some PR person send out a press release describing these as an "XBRR" . If Buell had phrased it as "XB12Ss with factory installed race parts" there wouldn't even be a debate about their legality under long-existing FX rules

You will soon be able to build exactly the same bike starting with an XB12Ss and Buell catalog parts you can order from any Buell dealer.

Try doing that with a CBR600RR. If American Honda would sell you the HRC catalog parts (read the latest Road Racing World to see how they screwed privateers last year) it'd cost you a whole lot more that $30K.

Honda will show up at Daytona with four tractor-trailer rigs supporting Duhamel and Zemke, the Buell dealer teams will show up with pickup trucks pulling two wheel trailers and a couple pop-up tents...

hopefully Honda won't get caught cheating again (with, for example, magnesium wheels machined and painted to look like stock, complete with phony DOT markings) or else no doubt we'll have to hear the Honda bois cry some more.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Thick crust or Thin?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
.........I mean, I can eat a *LOT* of Pizza, 'specially if'n you've got Beer to go with it..........

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe the changes being made is for the AMA to take control of racing, I just hope they start doing what is best for racing. I think the fact that Honda is leaving is probably a good sign that things are being done right. The big four have been running things from behind the scenes for years with the AMA rubber stamping their decisions. I think that is why they will make sure that they aren't in control of the rule making. The Buell is questionable going by the rules, but the big four doesn't sell the parts to make a competitive FX bike. The stuff being sold by the Yamaha Racing website is closest, but I bet the factory team has things that aren't being sold. I applaud Buell for making all the parts available so a privateer has a decent shot of being more than a backmarker if he/she has talent.

I hope the first thing they do is the following:

1. Make one extreme class FX 600, with all Factories participating. (Better preparation for the new 800cc MotoGP Class)

2.Make the 1000cc class to Superstock rules with no engine modifications including compression.

3.Supersport 600cc with no engine modifications at all, with only slip-on exhaust and Power Commander. Also allow 750cc twins and 675 Triples to compete. Age limit of 25 and below helps develope and showcase new talent instead of old factory guys cherry picking for the factories.

4.Create a class for the older twins both air and water cooled.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
like totally dude. XBRR frame is 100% XB same-same. What part of "unlimited engine modifications" is Honda having trouble with? I love it when people bash H-D based upon what happened in flat track 25 years ago or was it 30? Like whatever a republican does wrong, it's always back to TED KENNEDY CHAPPAQUID****!!

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Dude I totally used that one a couple of days ago!

Some old bitty from Massachusetts of all places was saying **** Cheney should be in jail for not having a $7 quail stamp on his hunting license!

I then bought her and her husband a drink for his 70th birthday.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Re: Honda resigns from AMA Board

As has been pointed out in other posts, Honda has been cheating on some occasions also, so their protests that "the rule book should be sacred" seem a bit strained. Makes me wonder if they might have had a few tricks up their sleeve..

I remember that a friend of mine who was into drag racing pointed out that Unlimited Fuel was the only class where there was no cheating..

Has the time come to bring back the "claiming" system?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nobody was bashing HD, I was bashing the AMA for acting just like the Kennedy's, the Libby's, the Chaney's and all the other scumbags that are ruining our country,and now our racing!

Lets change the rules!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
As long as the XB-RR really did start life as a XB-9R or XB-12R streetbike, and as long as the engine started as such too, it meets the rules which were engineered in HD's favor a couple years back.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
AMA's approach to racing is going to kill AMA racing events if we (memebers) don't stand up and raise H*LL. The way I see it the racing boards should be set up (for all diciplines) as follows: The Champion and runner-up and top privateer are automatically included for each series top class. Then three (top retail dealers from across the country should be included. After that they should elect three AMA members in a rotating basis of 2 year stints.

There should be NO arguement about the Racers top three being in because they will serve as consultants for safety in rules changes not dictating homogelation rules.

The three classes in roadracing should be: Superbike, FX and 600 supersport (ss bikes can only be on DOT street-rubber with exhaust mods). SuperCross and Lites can remain but Aprilia should be allowed to run the v-twin (it's not their fault they engineered a better motor- deal with it.) MX and GN racing can remain (including Aprilia). Supermoto will remain but the premier class is the 450 (Aprilia would have to run the unlimited class w/ the 550). Flat Track (althought silly in set-up) will remain to see if those rules changes will work out for the "06 season. How hard was that? BTW. Buell got it right and the AMA was right for letting them in. If you have a problem with that then ban air-cooled bikes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.