Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need something to make riding more than about 45 minutes bearable. I am considering either a mustang seat or an airhawk pad. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wife loves her Mustang saddle but...

I need something to make riding more than about 45 minutes bearable. I am considering either a mustang seat or an airhawk pad. Any recommendations?
It's to narrow at the front for me. It's a one piece touring seat mounted to a Harley Road Glide and on that bike it offers a single riding position with a bit of a back rest. It's soft yet supportive. She loves it.

When we ride two up it's always on her bike so I've had plenty of short trips to dinner or the occasional day ride and my only problem is the narrow front keeps me from sliding forward and the straight up back stops me from moving back.

I ride a Corbin which is wide, relatively flat and quite firm. It's best for my big rides cause I can move all over it and it's firm enough to prevent numb butt over the hours and days.

Oh and as sachi says; it'd be nice to know what you're riding. This might have been alot shorter. :)

dt

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You maybe can find an upholstery shop, or maybe a local shop that does custom seats on boats. I found one locally that built a new seat onto my old pan that was a nice double bucket and only cost about $250 which is much cheaper than any of the big name bike seat companies.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I had a custom seat made for my Trophy by Rich's in Seattle. It looked good and all but realistically was no better than a Corbin. For me Corbins have always been the most comfy, I have a leather one on my Bonnie and I'll probably get one on the Suzook at some point. I'd call them up and tell them what you want, IE a little wider at the front and they should be able to set it up for you.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Try a sheepskin.

Really.

Warm in Winter, Cool in Summer (moreso that you might believe!).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I should have mentioned that I ride a 2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic. The stock seat pretty doesn't let me move around much and I get some lower back pain after about 45 minutes or so and the summer heat brings some delightful "monkey butt"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.