Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is where bigdx works ;)... Sorry but kpaul didn't do it...although kpaul is spelling challenged..

·
Registered
156 Posts
As long as they were misspelling it, why didn't they use the word "Motocycle", as was done by the (original) Indian Motocycle Company, in Hendee MA?

I know, Harley folks would have had conniption fits.. At least this way, the misspelling doesn't favor any manufacturer.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I like that better too bad it didn't catch on.. thanks for the Trivia..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: For the Benefit of Internet Forum Users

LOL that's why I didn't notice anything wrong.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep I think you are right.. My dad collects coins some of the most valuable ones are the mistakes

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: New Stamps Misspell 'Motorcyce'

I'm fairly certain that these are the stamps SHIFT used, when they mailed those 'Motorcyce.Com' leathers to me for the HRC/ CBR 600RR/Daytona Winner test.

-Sean

·
Registered
97 Posts
Too bad the USPS will provide you with the postmark misspelling on demand-- it would have been pretty hot property otherwise. By the way (this is for you, k-man) collectible stamps are a good investment idea in times like these-- especially if you can pay close to what they're worth in the secondary market.

Why? Because they're extremely portable. Part of the Rothschild fortune, and in fact many fortunes, include valuable stamp collections. Because it's almost impossible to tax them, they can be transported easily, or sent as part of letters (the classic mode is to include a valuable stamp under a common stamp as part of a package. You can tuck hudreds of thousands if not millions of dollars between pages of a book.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
My thoughts exactly, - at first. Because you can ask for the "incorrect" postmark, it will in all likelihood render the point moot. Unless, that is, you have some way of identifying the pre and post-mistake discovery cancellations.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Doesn't it seem we no longer produce "collectable" items any more? Everything is a McDonalds toy now.

I tried to buy a first year Viper due to the fact Dodge was going to sell them at $26,000. I tried to pre-order one and was told the dealer price was not set yet. ($60,000) Btw, I was 24 and planned to put it up on blocks.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
What's new from the govt?

An incredible number of idiots want the govt (an organization that can't even spell the word "motorcycle") to control our healthcare.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: What's new from the govt?

Heck with healthcare, the govt controls our military!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.