Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
After generations of fast-food youth diets, endless hours of mindless television, video games and now computers...we've finally arrived at this. Obviously, the system has failed us greatly. What next, the skidmark distance record on the inner lining of one's briefs?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: New

Hey longride,

That post was taken directly from 2wf.com??

If you want my stuff just ask for it or at least have the decency to credit the site for it.

I paid my eleven odd bucks to MO, go find me some original news.

Thanks in advance,

MikeE

·
Registered
31 Posts
Blankstrom set his sites on breaking the World Record for the Longest Endo previously set at just over 738 feet after Craig Jones on a Buell XB-9R claimed the record held by Kevin Carmichael of 668 feet on a Suzuki 1000. Both riders have accomplished their respective records by modifying their stock handlebars to a Moto-Cross bar set-up.
Minor nit in the press release...
Actually, Craig Jones was on a stock Buell XB-9S. Just added some front tire pressure. See
the link for some good video...

Nice job by Blankstrom.

·
Registered
119 Posts
749 ft? Outstanding. I know people that can't run that far. Kudos to him.

I'm glad, if a little surprised, there's not more feedback from the "What about the twisties?" brigade. Looks like they may be coming around to the idea that stunt riders, though a littel crazy, are quite talented.

·
Registered
356 Posts
yes and hundreds of thousands of people flock to watch metzger and co do stupid tricks in the air. and it makes money. and there is a huge audience.

what is the difference here? well, one has enthusiasts who do there practise on the street, not a track or their backyard.

that sucks, but hopefully the following gets big enough where people are encouraged to be more responsible, so that they can continue to do it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm not a big stunt fan, I haven't pulled a wheelie in quite a while, and I wouldn't dream of doing a stoppie on my pride and joy for fear of messing up my front forks.

Having said that....

If this guy had been Chinese, on a bike and on the Jay Leno show, everyone would be marveling "ohhhh....ahhhh... their sense of balance is amazing!" But a western guy does it on a motorbike and suddenly he's a moron. Go figure.

Isn't it possible that there's a bunch of motorcyclists out there that just haven't really sat down and thought through their lack of respect for stunt riders? I think there's a bit of sportbike snobbery going on here.

·
Registered
446 Posts
No, no

That's not sportbike snobbery.

*This* is sportbike snobbery:

Not bad, for a two-bit punk with funny hair.

Let him stoppie a Dyna SuperGlide Sport for

1000 [email protected] feet and then he'll be a real rider.

*That's* sportbike snobbery.

MAke sure you get it right next time.

;-)

·
Registered
68 Posts
no, actually i could care less about either rider, regardless of race.

maybe you should worry less about the color of the idiot, and what other people think for that matter... and just focus on doing your own thing.

why play the race card in this topic? are you insecure or something?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.