Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
VFR, please

While I responded to the survey, I'd like to include some explanation here:

The VFR interceptor is a long-running bike in this category that, despite confusingly low sales numbers, forms part of the triumvirate of motorcycling here at MO. It seems to me that it would serve well as sort of a 'baseline' for the test, as well as be the bike of the group that most of us would consider buying.

That and they don't make the Connie any more...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
It can't be the ZZ-R or the VFR. To be a real sport tourer it has to come with bags stock when you pick it up at the dealer. otherwise you turn it into an accessory shootout instead of a bike shootout.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How about the BMW RT? It has already fared very well in two other magazine shoot outs with these same 3 bikes. Yes it is underpowered but it handles well in comparison to the others. The ZZR is a good bike but in a different class, more of a GT than an ST.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The BMW R1150RT might make a good addition to the mix...it won't win the horsepower contest, but by many accounts it's a superb sport-tourer. And it would be interesting to contrast it with the GT -- two different approaches to the sport touring genre from the same company.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.