Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Yawn. Yet another inline-4. Too bad they are going to be dead in racing soon. How can Suzuki get away with an inline-4 any more?They've been around since the 1910's. It's shameless that they still push such ancient crap on the public.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Once again, Suzuki will have a lineup of bikes that are difficult to distinguish between the sizes at a glance. While I'm sure this bike will be a ripper, the 1K guys are going to be saying to themselves "damn, looks just like my bike... and here I thought my 2K3 would be unique for a while finally... "

R1's and R6's are differently styled.. soo too ZX6R and the 9, and the CBR's... why does 'zooky do this? (of course, I realize it's probably a lot to do with costs, but anyway...)

Oh well, not like I'll be buying any new bikes soon anyway...

-James

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Why is the styling of ALL Suzuki sport bikes so lame?

Sheesh, for Godsake someone tell the Emperor he's buck naked will ya! I haven't seen a journo that's been game to say it, but the other 3 leave Suzuki for dead in the styling (and paint) stakes. Shame, because Suzuki is undoubtedly a leader as far as performance goes. But all the Japanese bikes are so close in performance (and beyond what most people can use) that in the end styling is going to be a big factor...

·
Registered
227 Posts
More on Suzuki stying...

I just bought a new bike. I looked at the Blade, the GXSR1K, the R1, even rode an R1100S and a SV1000S.

The latest crop of sportbikes are so good, so rediculously fun, so far beyond the ability of above-average street riders, that I have to admit it came down to styling (with the exception of the R1100S, which I find beautiful and well-built but was buzzy and slow).

Suzuki's bikes are disappointingly anonymous. I liked the SV1000S quite a bit; great power delivery and wind protection but it looks exactly like the SV650S.

The Blade was probably the better bike for the rational side of my brain but the R1 makes me sweat.

So I bought an R1. Because I can't stop looking at it.

Yep, Suzuki needs a fresh styling outlook. They make stonkin' bikes.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I wouldn't trust MCN's judgement on much - they are frequently wrong about what new bikes will be coming out. They also state that the current model is the fastest on the track, even against the new bikes, but every other magazine in the world that I've seen would disagree with that.

They are the Weekly World News of the motorcycle industry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.