Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
TLS...

The TLS does not have a tankslap problem! Not any more so than any other modern sportbike. I own a TLS and love it. However, it is very flawed in stock trim. The rotary damper simply doesn't work, the stock steering damper is WAY too stiff, and the FI is tuned poorly. I added a Penske shock, a PCII, an ATRE, and changed the oil in the steering damper to a lighter weight synthetic. (I actually ran it without the damper on for a long time and had to try pretty hard to get any tankslap out of the thing. It's all about body positioning. If you have your weight way back and give it full throttle up a bumpy hill, it'll start to slap a little, but my friends 929 is much worse in every situation.) With the mods I listed my TLS is superb! It handles great, and has a big wide power band with no flat spots or surging. I think if Suzuki makes the SV1000, and it's based on the TLS but more refined and without the extremely bad reputation, it'll be a big seller. You just can't beat a V-twin.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.