Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
"If suzuki doesn't come out with a bigger brother to the venerable SV650 based on the TL1000 motor, I think they'd really be missing a sure-fire winner. "

Yeah, an SV1000 seems like a must-do (If you go by the 13-15 bikes that commute in daily at my work, the SV650 is the most popular bike sold, there are 3 two naked and one faired S model), and I wonder why it hasn't happened yet, but it seems that an SV1000 naked bike would steal sales from the Bandit 1200. Isn't that bike selling pretty nicely? (though I do see alot more ZR1000 Kawis on the street)

·
Registered
145 Posts
according t the euro reviews of the GS1400 that I've read it's a step above the B12 in fit and finish, but lacks the hooligan nature that gives the b12 it's "character"... (though I'm only formulating opinion from hearsay)...

whatever, personaly I hope the SV1k is a go, that would be another bike that I'd drool over massively, and then wait ten years to buy.

oh wait..... in ten years I'll be, um 57....well maybe I'll still be alive...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: SV1000?

y'know, it's odd... I followed that whole TLS Tank-slap business whwen the brit rags first reported it, and there really was a big row about it over there, but the amrerican magazines never complained about it, or mentioned the TLS head-shaking in any divergent way.. and to this day the american magazins usualy say that the TLS doesn't tank slap as badly as the british mags said it did....

I wonder what the deal was? s'pose we'll never know...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: TLS...

well, so far all the comments on the DL1000 mega-enduro have nothing but good things to say about the engine, so Suzuki must have effected the proper refinements on the engine management system...I'd expect an SV1k to be the same...

the TL is a very sweet bike on the eyes, and around where I live, if you can find the used the prices aren't too bad...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Actually, EFI systems actually do HAVE the potential to meter fuel "perfectlty" ( just have to keep installing smarter processors, more precise sensors, and adding lines of code to make the maps more interactive) whereas carbs, being analog devices which govern fuel delivery via a system of air and fuel passages that overlap in function determined by airflow thru the carb, will always be a compromise...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.