Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The big news from Suzuki is the titanium exhaust on the new GSXR1000, that plus the improved suspension, brakes, HP, .35 oz. lighter bolts that hold the gas tank on. etc..etc..

For my money the Blue and White 1200 Bandit looks good, if I can't have a GSX1400 I can at least buy a Bandit that has the same cool paint.

Since I got spanked for lack of taste by suggesting a Tiger or a Multi-strada in the Ducati spread, I'll drop the WMD here and say I think I'll buy a V-Strom, they look like a real sharp bike, too bad the Japanese or their German minions don't know how to spell "Storm"

"V-Storm" sounds more all-weather-all-roadie than "V-Strom" which sounds somewhat gay at best.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Who cares? I like the SV1000 just fine and don't maintain any delusions that I'm any threat on the track. Serious carvers replace the suspension components on any bike they buy anyhow.

I think that the DL1000 would be a better choice for me since Zooki decided to drop the plain SV1000 for the torture rack SV1000S. There is an 03 SV1000 plain jane sitting on the showroom floor at Salt Lake Honda right now.

I'd consider one if I weren't drooling over a Speed Triple. The new 900 Bonnevilles are tempting also.... well just about everything is tempting for that matter (sigh).

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Speed Triples.. 900 engined Bonnies and Thruxtons...Temptations do abound

Right now I'm lusting after a Tiger, I like the triple engine power output, factory bags, riding position and the ability to do some gravel roads a little easier than my Trophy

If I had a Tiger for a summer bike, the Trophy for a winter bike and Monica Belluci to wash them for me and fetch me beers I'd be quite happy.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Women's Prison dream is one of those things that is better left to imagination. I remember reading about a couple Australian guys last yr who got drunk and snuck into women's pen expecting to be welcomed with open arms and whatever. Those women beat the crap out of them.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Sorry: Left some stuff out, for the sake of brevity. Never would consider buying an SV, then leaving it unmodified. I figured, from a Blank-Slate point of view, the updated SV (not the SVS) would be a much better place to start, than the limp-rag Zookie sent over here, last time. Sure, the SVS's fairing would hide, at least, some of the hideous frame, but it's a coin-toss, which is uglier. Anyway, since I can't afford a Tuono, and, used, Ducaties are best left to eccentric watch-makers, I'm keeping my finger crossed, for this year's SV.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ya know! I've had so many people refer to he and I, in the same breath, that I'm seriously considering going through an Identity crises; which, wouldn't be all that bad, considering the last time, I thought I was Buggs Bunny (haven't been able to look at a carrot, since).

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thanks, for the critique; it’s been noted. However, I haven’t used any mind-altering substances, for decades (taken, The Pledge). Though, I must admit, "Back in the Day" I would have probably, preferred Hofman’s Powerful Potion, to any such vulgar, alkaloid-based concoction, as you have mentioned (better living through chemistry, and all that).

Dear Lord! If I knew that it was this much fun, Tilting in cyber-space, I’d have quit having a life, long ago. Now, if I can just get used to the diet: Macaroni & Cheese, Toaster Pastries and Cocoa, I should be moved, back in with mom by Christmas (just kidding).

To be honest, there’s nothing I like more than a verbal dust-up, so please, have at me. Considering the state of the World, and the country’s state of mind, quibbling over motorcycles is a welcome relief. At this point in time, anything’s better than trying to figure out whether an Ivy league educated, mush-mouthed, bumpkin, wanna-be: Or an Ivy League educated "Annoyance" who makes Ex-Lax stock go up, every time he speaks, should lead the most powerful nation, on Earth. Lordy! Lordy! Ain’t life grand!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Heh heh. Little do you know.

You like flame wars, eh? You'll change your tune after a few exchanges with kpaul.

·
Registered
514 Posts
this is one of my pet peeves with the big 4... the way they sacrifice excellence by engineering the cost out of most of their bike models

They are capable of making really great bikes, look at the showpiece liter bikes & 600s

but then they toss out so many other turds on the rest of their lineups

why don't they take some of that superbike engineering and put it on other models? Why not make a GREAT SV1000 or 650 that would cost maybe $500 more?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can povide one bit of advice on the Ivy league mush-mouths.

ignore them. You're vote means nothing. Voting is nothing more than willfully participating in your own duping.

Remove yourself from the fray, and laugh at those who are still so stupid to fight the pointless fight.

it's glorious really... How heated an agurement can become.... when its about nothing more than which poisoned apple to eat.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
How do you think they can afford to sell those sportbikes at a loss?

It's a bit much to call an SV1000 a turd, though. Now a '67 BSA Lightning... that I'd call a turd.

·
Registered
955 Posts
You hit the nail right on the head. Give me a naked SV650, with 80hp and a state-of-the-art suspension, as a basic platform, and I'll be glad to pony-up the extra cash. And, chances are, I’ll be happy riding it for years. Trouble is, the little SV is probably an, entry level "Loss Leader" (a bike that Suzuki might actually be losing money on, to get newbie customers, in the door; and, hopefully, develop Brand loyalty (like Chevy does, with the Cavalier). So, in order to protect its more profitable units, Suzuki (and, all the other manufacturers) doesn’t want to make bikes like the SV650 too attractive. After all, you can't make any money if a guy is still happy with a SV, two years after his payment book is empty.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Difference

You've become so cynical, mile_eater. No man with the joy of a 1000F to light off whenever he dang well chooses should sound so disillusioned.

The difference between a cynic and a skeptic?

The skeptic still has hope.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.