Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
the internet will die of boredom and we'll all regress back to like british twins and stuff and be happy to have them as us economy implodes dragging the rest of the world down with it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Those are good directions MSCUDDY. You ask some really good thought provoking questions

I think bikes will get more electronic stuff as well.

I read on the Superbike Planet site that some competitors are accusing Mladin of having traction control devices on his bike. I can see traction control as something that might be offered on high end touring and sportbike.

I hope automatic transmissions don't make a comeback.....

I would love to see wireless heads up display, because I speed alot, i.e. you go buy a wireless transmitter as a bike option that would send industry standard formatted messages to a helmet receiver that would use some of the new flexible see through LCDs as a visor....Displaying RPM, Gear, Speed, etc... would be handy... I could see folks wanting other things like GPS, text messages pages, etc. I saw a clunky looking thing that did this in the back of CycleWorld but it was bulky and it attached to your visor. The visor needs to be a see through LCD.

Active Suspensions would be cool..

Carbon Fiber frames?? like high-end bicycles...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Traction control on raod bikes has been around for a while. The ST1100 had it in the last models.

The biggest challenge will be translating all this new technology into usable road bikes in a world of increasingly stringent emissions controls and congested roads.

I think active suspension control and getting power to the road in a controlled fashion (traction and stability) will be key areas. But in mnay ways people will think the bikes to be more boring (even though potentially a lot faster). Exciting bikes (ie with faults) will not be around.

I remember a quote from a Yamaha engineer saying that the changes to Rossi's bike made it faster, more controllable etc etc, but this would not be done for the road bikes as people want exciting bikes.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
With all of the pandemonium about squids and sports bikes, those who govern us will soon come up with an assault type bike ban on every thing with high foot pegs and clipons. With sport bikes outlawed all of the former knee dragging crowd will be forced to ride cruisers that skirt the ban by having ape hangers, and forward controls, but with 190 hp inline fours. This will prompt a quantum leap in cruiser riding attire with the advent of Snell approved half helmets, kevlar fringed jackets, and ass protectors to be worn underneath the Levis (TM) of assless chaps wearers. VWW

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
"This will prompt a quantum leap in cruiser riding attire with the advent of Snell approved half helmets, kevlar fringed jackets, and ass protectors to be worn underneath the Levis (TM) of assless chaps wearers. "" LOL Classic VWW :) Don't forget the decorative arm chaps for the kevlar vest crowd....

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
2035: A 96" rubber mounted aircooled pushrod twin with hidden rear suspension a raked front end and if I may take some liberties-34 degree lean angle.

If someone can pull this off with dual discs upfront for less than $47,000 I'll be in line with a debit card.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Our ability to ride has been far outstriped by the amount of power available. I'd like to see a 90hp SV-750 with Olins - front and rear, and Brembo brakes. I'd pony-up $9K+ for that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How about titanium? This isn't a technology, but rather a material. Nonetheless its use might change how bikes are made. It clearly must be getting cheaper to produce and it is already used in some advanced engines. How about ultimately building frames, engines, wheels, etc out of this strong and lightweight (relative to steel) material?

·
Registered
955 Posts
The next big thing.

I got it! Holographic generators that will project images upon the rider. That way everyone will see a rugged manly man, rather than a dorky wannabe.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.