Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tires you are running are great for your bike. You just want a change or you're unhappy with the rubber? What's up?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Ordder ya up a set a cheng shins from the JC Whitley catalog. I run 'em at 50 PSI. Slide like a monkey with zero feel. Ya can't ask for a better thrill fer the doller. They won't last long enuf ta dissapoint neither.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got Pilot Powers on my Speed Triple and I like 'em a lot, but they square off pretty quickly. I'd imagine Pilot Roads are about as good as it gets for sport touring. Another tire I'm also considering is the Diablo Stradale.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have used Bridgestone BT 50 and BT 56 in heavy rain while riding daily (monsoon rains) in Tokyo and in the countryside in Japan. They were 160/60/17 size in back and 120/60/17 in front. Both were good and the dual rubber design resisted squaring off fairly well. I liked the BT 50 so much I bought BT 56 when the BT 50 wore out. I am now using Continental Road Attack tires in the same sizes on a ZX 6 Kawasaki. They are OK in the rain but are slower in steering feel than the previous BT 50 I had on that bike from new. I like the Continental's OK I guess but I wish I had bought the newer Bridgestones like BT 20 or other new ones for better or sharper steering feel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Michelin have some new Pilot Roads coming out. Calling them the Pilot Road 2CT, similar to the Power 2CT, in which it has 2 compounds. Apparently it is the same Compound in the center of the current Pilot Road, but softer edges

Log onto www.vfrdiscussion.com i have a 2000VFR and it is the best forum out there for te best bike ever built

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I ran Macadam 100's which was what the Pilot Road series evolved from on my '97 VFR, and I ran Pilot Roads on my Bandit and a set on my Trophy along with Avon Azzaros.

I'd stick with the Pilot Roads myself, they're an excellent long wearing wet sticking tire.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Sticky, Toroidial and Black.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
The sparks also help your visibility when riding at night.

·
Registered
207 Posts
maximum age of useable tires

this brings up a question in my mind...how long would you use street tires on your hoss before changing them out, regardless of tread wear? what it the maximum use-life of street tires?...

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Re: maximum age of useable tires

Three to Five years, depending on Environmental Conditions. If they're starting to crack, check, or craze - it's time for new tires.

Actually, - scratch that. Tire manufacturers are going broke as we speak; if you haven't bought new tires for your scoot within the last..... oh, say...... 45 minutes or so - get your order in..........

·
Registered
207 Posts

(...fumanchu desperately scrambles for his american express card...)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

Yeah, almost forgot: Most tire manufacturers will work with you to keep you supplied in toroidial rubber bladders. I'm sure you'd get a substantial Discount if you have a Standing Order of 50-200 sets a week from each of the Major Manufacturers.

How many sets should I put you down for?

·
Registered
207 Posts

(...if only fumanchu could read, these online forums would make much more sense...)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.