Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Although some of their stories are lame, they are one of the few online places that have something new every day, unlike 2wf.com (which practically went belly up). AMASuperbike.com is also pretty good, but they are almost always focused on the racing, which at this time of years means speculative stories on rides for next year (which also get boring day after day).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Actually as of 1 PM or so today, if you click the URL for the story, it now says it is a hoax. The page reads

Not True

The story that was posted here about required modulators and ABS on motorcycles in Tennessee was a ruse that was intended only to be seen by a group of people who regularly attempt to fool each other with bogus stories like this one. Our group has a long history of clowning around like this, and many of them knew that this was just another joke immediately.

It was never expected or intended by the author that this web page would be seen by anyone outside that group.

One or more participants in that group posted the article to another discussion group and the whole thing spread like wildfire. As soon as I was aware that this was happening I pulled the web page down.

I humbly and sincerely apologize for the trouble this joke caused

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't understand why you are defending MO in this case. They clearly either posted a story that they did not research for validity, or they posted something that they knew was not true, in an attempt to scare us into seeing what kind of laws "could be passed".

I agree that it was not necessary to post the guys personal information that wrote the story (intentionally as a hoax, as part of a contest). He doesn't need the grief or potential of losing his job.

But MO needs to do more than just search the Internet for MC related stories and post them here. At least something in a print media has some validity, as the original writer has to do some research before an editor will allow them to publish an article like that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Evidently. Or because they are trying to hide the fact that they were duped in the first place. (One poster who says he talked to them, said they knew it was a hoax, and posted it as to open our eyes to what "could" happen.)

MO, just remove this whole news item, as you do with certain posts, or would like & ****

1 - 4 of 4 Posts