Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: NEW TRIUMPH 2300 PIX ONLINE!

While it may be a bit euphemistic to call this particular motorcycle different looking, I like the basic idea of a bike with massive low end touque. Triumph might have missed the boat with the ergonomic layout on this machine however. If it was offered with a standard riding position I would imagine tourers,and police departments everywhere could make use of it's prodigious power to haul all of their equipment around. VWW

·
Registered
458 Posts
Nah, ST1300/FJR1300/BMW R-RT...

If you want to haul a lot of gear around for police/emergency services work, the sport-tourers are (and are used as) the ideal chassis for on-road use.

More power wouldn't actually help, as at low speed, the acceleration is limited as much by tires and geometry, and a CHP RT-P, dispite an anaemic engine for the category, will out accelerate most sportscars.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

This could be the first motorcycle you see pulling an RV behind it, rather than being hauled on an RV.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Jolly good bike ole bean! Looks like alot of spirited fun eh wot.

Any idea what insurance is going to run on this moster? I like the looks of it and would love to give it a ride. Kind of the British version of the Boss Hoss which is excess beyond thunderdome. I surely like that Triumph goes their own way on the design of all their bikes. The Japanese are always trying to cash in on someone elses design. Wait and see when China starts sending bikes this way. From what I have read they bring piracy to a whole new dimension. They copy Yamahas down to the nut and bolt.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks for the pic link.

Geez, I TOLD the dealer to keep the Speed Triple away from that Victory Vegas in the showroom, but would he listen? NO! Now look at their lovechild! Run for your lives!!

Looks like it's all set for outriggers and a trailer. Pass the Geritol, Marge. Maybe I'll see it differently in 30 years, when I can tow one behind my Airstream. OTOH, I could probably use it to tow my Airstream...

I'm sticking with my Thunderbird Sport for now.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: Ugly Duckling to Beautiful Swan

Hey forget the fairing bs. Any plastic will ruin this naked babeeee... if I think custom the first thing is to pull all the three exhausts way down before curving 'em nicely back (wheez wheez)

- cruiz-euro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.