Motorcycle Forums banner

New Triumph Hyperbike

10K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  kawazuki 
hopefully this will push suzuki to tweak the 'busa

considering the new R1 (and gixxer1K for that matter) matches or beats 'busa power on 300cc less, it's about time suzuki woke up and updated the old mill to 225hp+... i only care because i want to use the motor in a track car. on two wheels all of this is madness. my 75 hp 900SP and 90hp 748 are both faster than i am so i don't need more power in a bike...

the triumph motor would not be as useful to me though - because of the higher price tag it's less likely to be bought by squids who'd crash it in the first 500 miles and that's what ensures a ready supply of 'busa motors, or alternatively makes buying a brand new bike and parting it out on e-bay financially attractive.

so yeah, uhm, THANKS, triumph :)

nah, don't want to turbo

not yet anyway. a complete brand-new motor with all electricals and even a dash recently cost me $4K by buying a new bike and parting it out. a turbo kit would cost an additional $5K+ and a whole lot of fiddling. i'd rather be able to get a normally aspirated 225hp factory-reliable motor for the original $4K :)

the new R1 is looking even more attractive actually, i bet i could get a 180hp mill for under $3K with everything i need to run it including the battery....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.