Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A second front disk on the Bonnies would be nice...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I like the new Tiger. The old Zooker isn't going to cut it much longer. I was pretty set on an S3 but the Tiger with the same motor is pretty tempting.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Too bad they always seem to neuter the motor in the Tiger's. It's true that 120 hp on a dirt road is too much, but this bike isn't really designed as a dual sport anymore, so hopefully they leave the balls intact this time.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yeah!

What the hell? I thought it was completely inevitable. I'm guessing they were too busy with building enough 675s to develop a new bike.

Sigh. There's always next year. I can't afford one this year anyway!

Gabe

·
Registered
20 Posts
A naked 675 seems like an obvious choice. A no-cost way for Triumph to add a new model that would surely sell.

For that matter, I can't see why Triumph hasn't put the 1050 motor in the Daytona yet? I know there are rumours of a new large Daytona, but the 1050 could have already been in the Daytona at no cost and probably even saved Triumph money since they wouldn't be producing the 955 anymore?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Working at a Triumph dealer here's the news: 1- the Tiger looks more like a sibling of the FZ1 than anything else. it has more power and a broader flater torque curve. 2- the black Boni is back and has a silver brother and a 865 motor (66hp). the rest of the bonni line just gets updates. the America gets cast wheels that look like they stole them off a sportster. 3- the Speed III looks like it gets a little more power and the stupid green color is back. 4- there are small but comforting changes to the ST. As for the 675 the only new thing is a color add- black for '07. The Rocket remains the same this year but gets goodies for next to released as an early '08. Otherwise, just look for more opions in the goodies books.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It isn't that green. It's that electric green. Not good for sales. Should have issued the thing in red instead.

·
Registered
325 Posts
OK, I know which one you're talking about. Saw it on a Tiger a couple of years back. The only color I really don't want to see come back is that fusia/purple/pink color they had back in 2001 or so. That was on a Speed Triple. It sat on the dealer's floor for over two years collecting dust. What a cruel thing to do to a bike.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Yeah!

The Triumph master plan calls for two new bikes per year. The Tiger only adds up to one.

The naked 675 has been seen testing numerous times. Unless they decided that the naked version would canabalize sales from the Daytona right now, we could be missing something here.

Remember we're all, eh, un****ed.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.