Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
I thought for a min there, you saw Ken with the next "Ex-Mrs. Moore" on his arm....

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I thought for a min there, you saw Ken with the next "Ex-Mrs. Moore" on his arm....
No, Cobie and I have decided to part as friends and have our Vegas wedding annuled. She's just too busy with her film career, and I couldn't get her to wear her "Avengers" costume around the house once the knot was tied.

So the Triumph Trophy..what segement is that aimed at? They have the Sprint and the 1050 Tiger...are they going after the "Ultra Glide" types?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, Cobie and I have decided to part as friends and have our Vegas wedding annuled. She's just too busy with her film career, and I couldn't get her to wear her "Avengers" costume around the house once the knot was tied.

So the Triumph Trophy..what segement is that aimed at? They have the Sprint and the 1050 Tiger...are they going after the "Ultra Glide" types?
They had a Trophy for years. It was the Sprint's 'big brother,' at least in the 'new' Triumph model line.

I'm thinking the Sprint is about to go away. The ST is not offered in the States, and the Sprint GT hasn't set any sales records. And it'll be redundant when the Trophy appears.

Maybe they will end the "Tiger 1050;" making it the new Sprint. Wait and see, I guess.

Sorry to hear that you and Cobie didn't work out...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
I'll buy one, I've been waiting for a new Trophy since mine was KIA in '05. The Sprint GT and Explorer were close but this looks like the one. 'bout flippin time too BTW

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
They had a Trophy for years. It was the Sprint's 'big brother,' at least in the 'new' Triumph model line.

I'm thinking the Sprint is about to go away. The ST is not offered in the States, and the Sprint GT hasn't set any sales records. And it'll be redundant when the Trophy appears.

Maybe they will end the "Tiger 1050;" making it the new Sprint. Wait and see, I guess.

Sorry to hear that you and Cobie didn't work out...
They'll probably drop the 1050 Tiger which will only leave the 800 and 1200 option. Too bad the 1200 is almost 100lbs heavier than the 1050. Of course since no one rides ATs off road it's moot. The weight difference is enough to completely turn me off to the 1200. It's not like the power difference makes a real world difference. The weight difference does.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
They'll probably drop the 1050 Tiger which will only leave the 800 and 1200 option.
A lot of other people thought that too, but they went ahead and did a nice freshening-up of the bike for 2012, and have said they're keeping it. Who knows for sure? I hope they keep it because I see it as a great choice for me when the Vee reaches it's EOL...if it ever does.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
A lot of other people thought that too, but they went ahead and did a nice freshening-up of the bike for 2012, and have said they're keeping it. Who knows for sure? I hope they keep it because I see it as a great choice for me when the Vee reaches it's EOL...if it ever does.
You could be right. The production equipment must be amortized by now making production of the 1050 triple cheaper then new models to produce.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Apparently the Sprint is pretty popular outside of the US. Can't ever forget the weird US market all dominated by fata$$ cruiser and rice rocket sales. We should thank the Europeans because if it weren't for them no manufacturer relying on US buying habits would produce anything but pigbikes and rockets.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I've ridden two versions of the Sprint, the original crispy and the new GT. For some reason the bike doesn't appeal to me, which is weird because "technically" it should. The riding position is too cramped for starters. And, it's just not that good-looking a bike IMO.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
This, from a guy that rides a V-Strom?

Mind you, I'm not saying the Sprint is a thing of beauty. I do like mine ('03 ST) better than the later design.
The VStrom is like that girl in High School that isn't hot until she comes back from summer in the Senior year with a big rack. You take a second or third look, consider the possibilities of the ride, and make the date.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
This, from a guy that rides a V-Strom?

Mind you, I'm not saying the Sprint is a thing of beauty. I do like mine ('03 ST) better than the later design.
I'm with you, I prefer the older Sprint as well as the older Tiger. I thought the GT was doable, at least from a sit on it and bounce perspective. I've never actually ridden one except the earlier versions.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Ah well Triumph, snooze you loose. I went back to my second love and got another Harley-Davidson, there's just something about the darn things that gets under my skin and won't let go...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts