Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure that I am not the only one who gets together with friends for a New Year's ride. This year's mild weather (as opposed to the 40 degree rain of last year) led to a record turnout for us semi-old [email protected] in the Richmond area.

Of note was the most numerous manufacturer represented, out of the 20 odd that showed up, was Buell, with 5 examples present.

My friend Cliff led us on a nice long ride through the countryside. Throttles were twisted, pegs were scraped, and yes, bikes were dropped. Luckily, no damage to humans was committed, and only minor damage to the bikes involved.

We ended up at Cliff's house, where Bonnie served blacked-eyed peas, a southern tradition.

Sorry, I was too busy having fun to take pictures.

Happy New Year, MOfo's!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Cool. If the Buell got dropped it probably broke off a footpeg. I'm gonna to raise a glass of hooch to your semi-successful sorte into the wilds of Virginnie. Rat on brudder.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Man, I always get in a nice New Years ride. Not this year. Lots of snow and ice pretty much kept me in. Lots of time to work on the Knuck though and put a new chain and rear tire on the Bandit.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I rode the Dyna to work yesterday and this morning, took a nice meander through the countryside after I got off and even hit the magic ton to ride in the New Years right. It was 40 and dry both days when I left at 0500, the only trouble was after 3 hours sleep I was pretty addled and forgot to wear my fleece liners this morning so with just my boxers and Darien pants my legs got a little cold. Nothing to cry about and this afternoon was mid 40's so it wasn't too bad.

Last year it was snow and ice then monsoon so it was a few weeks into the year before I could get out, this year was much more pleasent.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well, heck.

I rode the Dyna to work yesterday and this morning, took a nice meander through the countryside after I got off and even hit the magic ton to ride in the New Years right. It was 40 and dry both days when I left at 0500, the only trouble was after 3 hours sleep I was pretty addled and forgot to wear my fleece liners this morning so with just my boxers and Darien pants my legs got a little cold. Nothing to cry about and this afternoon was mid 40's so it wasn't too bad.

Last year it was snow and ice then monsoon so it was a few weeks into the year before I could get out, this year was much more pleasent.
If the weather's that nice you must be seeing a lot of that yellow Ninja.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
"I'm not back yet. I fly home Friday.
I tell ya if I dressed like a pack of cigarettes, I'd get laid every night!"

Does everyone on Athens still drive on the sidewalk when the traffic gets too bad? And on the way to the airport, are all the vacant lots inhabited by Gypsies in huge trucks, with tents set up, selling cheap furniture?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.