Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree with those advocating a smaller bore triple (than 955). The rule makers could consult engineers and work out what would theoretically be a capacity to provide equal performance to the 600 fours- thus giving them the chance to race successfully in supersport racing.

The big four put huge resources into that class and 600's are a huge seller for them.

The triumph Daytona is a unique product among the litre class sport bikes.

It's not chasing ultimate lap times, but still has plenty of performance, a loved engine character and unique sound.

Why not the same in the smaller class ???

My guess is: ineligibility to compete in SS competitively and possibly research indicating racing success critical to sales in that class.

Not that the TT was a great success..........

Maybe a non-SS smaller bore wasnt seen as worthwhile financially. A 750 might be too close to the 955, a 600 to costly for it's outright performance.

Dont know really.

A friend has a 2nd generation TT (different cams, crank etc) and has constantly been getting new downloads from Triumph. She says each has been an improvement and now she can choose b/w one that gives extra top end but some low down fluffiness, or slightly less outright power but perfect fuelling everywhere. She absolutely loves the bike.

Cheers,

Stormcloud

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd heard somewhere that there was a lot of demand for the SSSA, and that it may have been made available as an option.

I'd also heard that the red CE edition was going to be very, very rare due to the fire in the factory and a decision not to start the red option again. Going by how Triumph seems to respond so quickly to buyer feedback (are you listen ing Japan inc. ??) things may have changed since then.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You may not want to know once you find out......

WARNING : THIS IS OFF TOPIC

ALL embrio's grow as FEMALE foetus' for the first 9 weeks or so in the womb. All are identical to this stage. i.e. initial formtion of breasts, vagina

Then a burst of testosterone causes the growth of breasts to stop (leaving nipples though)and what would have become a clitoris grows into a penis (they still function similarly in adults !).

Hope this doesnt make you feel uncomfortable.

Next time someone calls you a girl..................

·
Registered
146 Posts
In a hospice, in Victoria Australia. Used to work in Oncology, surprisingly different in palliative care..

It's a good way to keep a reality check on life etc. I ride a VTR1000F - just got back from a 500km ride on a huge high.

What about you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.