Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Don't worry Triumph has deep pockets.

Triumph is privately owned (owner made his billions elsewhere) so they can go at their own time table. The TT600 had only one real flaw, the poor fuel injection. So to me it was a real success. The bike looked nice, handled well and still was comfrontable. I think there is still room for Triumph in the 600 market given that the Japenese bikes seem to have gone hard core. It would be interesting to see a smaller triple rather than a 4 though.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Was the TT a success? Was the Millie a success?

Technically for its first try at competing against the likes of Honda, I think they did well. You are right sales probably were not what they wanted. However, everyone has to start somewhere. Ask Aprillia. 10 years ago they didn't make superbikes now look at them.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Never say never for Triumph

The bike was only slightly more expensive. The FI was bad but the bike handling on par with the big 4 600s. I know I demoed one. Triumph can compete given time. Their bikes are origninal and use the latest technology unlike your favorite bike maker.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Never say never for Triumph

The bike was only slightly more expensive. The FI was bad but the bike handling on par with the big 4 600s. I know I demoed one. Triumph can compete given time. Their bikes are origninal and use the latest technology unlike your favorite bike maker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.