Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: Don't worry Triumph has deep pockets.

Obviously, John Bloor can do whatever the eff he wants with his money -- as he doesn't have shareholders to report to ------

Still, I have to question the business model that has him taking on what is already the most competetive, over-served segment of the market -- ie hyper-sport 600s. Are these comsumers really crying out for more choices?

What I hear are consumers asking for more broadly focused (or at least "different" foci) than the race-replicas (as wonderful as they are for their intended purposes) being cranked out by Japan inc.

If I were advising them, I think I would suggest playing on their strengths -- produce a 600 with more "Triumph" cues -- maybe a triple, as you suggest, or even a twin, that does not look/feel/sound like just another Japan Inc product.

As you point out, there is nothing really wrong with the TT except some F-I glitchs, and you are correct that the ergos are less extreme than the recent trend of the class. I think pursuing this market with the TT certainly makes more sense than trying to produce race replicas and to jump into AMA 600 superbike, as had been speculated about.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Anyone but me feel that their web site kinda sucks? Really have to want to find new models. Seem like the British never have quite got the marketing concept down, like the Japanese, Italians, Germans etc.

I am really happy to see the return of the T-Bird Sport. Hope that it comes here with at least one more color option -- the tangerine ain't bad, but I think it would sell better with some other choices.

I would really like to see a sport version of the Bonnyville -- really tie into the traditional cafe-racer vibe. Guess I am just an old fart, cause that look is still what I think when I think "sportbike" -- don't get me wrong, I love the new sportbikes, but they don't stimulate quite the same emotional response.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.