Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: The numbers say TT was a good performer

The reason I pick on you, Cook, is because I've had my fill of motorcycle apologists. These are people who will do mental backflips to defend the brand of their particular wet dreams.

These people kept Harley-Davidson in business through the dark years of the 1970s and 1980s, so they serve a purpose, but most brands can't survive on the mental malfunctions of their apologists alone. Most brands need to provide a solid product to survive. This is true of Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, and even BMW.

BMW does a pretty good job of providing a solid product, and their sales figures show it (BMW sold more bikes in the U.S. market last year than Triumph, Moto Guzzi and Ducati combined). The other brands need to do some work on their product lines. What they need are good, solid criticisms from their customers (in my case, I'm a former Triumph customer, and won't be a future one), and not lame-ass excuses from brainwashed apologists like you. You are not doing Triumph any favors. Was it Thomas Payne who said, "No man loves a country more than its greatest critic"?

If I had to bet money one way or another, I'd bet that unless Triumph gets its crap together in one hell of a hurry, it will not be building motorcycles by 2005.

·
Registered
2 Posts
G'day Gents,

What are Triumph on! Why have they released a Bonnie America with twin disks and cast wheels when the standard Bonnie is so desperately begging for those and other upgrades. Where is the Bonnie Sport similar in concept to a Tbird Sport?!

I've recently sold my Bonnie because I found it just didn't go hard enough, needed more brakes and better suspension.

Why! Why! Why!

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.