Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually, you can import them into the U.S., but they would be for "race only" applications, could not be sold in the U.S. (except to another racer) and you have to submit proof of your eligibility to be a racer (race license). It'll still be a bit of a headache, but it could be done. Of course, you could take a U.S. spec bike and convert it to Supersport specs with HRC parts for about the same money, or less.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, but, "it would probably take around two months to complete and around 200 phone calls and could easily cost double the price ".

I think it would be well worth the savings in headaches to just be able to purchase a turnkey version. Plus you can have confidence that it was engineered by HRC, and it will be quick, well rounded, and most of all, safe!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yamaha tunes their race bikes in-house. I think they call their association GYT-R, or something to that effect. I know you can buy various performance/race upgrades and modifications for most, if not all of their sporting product. Sorry that I can't be more specific.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just a thought,but it's starting to appear that the world motorcycle markets are approaching a point of equilibrium. As soon as all markets require the same in noise and polution standards, there would be no point to introduce new models at different times due to differences in required technology. Right now, Europe is the largest market for M/C's. Probably, the cost of petrol is a major factor in the number of owners/riders there, ergo: they get the new stuff first.

I note that the US is tending towards California standards, which is very close to current Euro standards for allowable hydrocarbon emissions.

As we approach equilibrium, there will be less and less differences and thus, easier on the world's manufacturers to produce a single model, eg, the Honda Pan European vs the Honda ST1300. From my viewpoint, it's something for us Americans (and others) to look forward to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.