Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought the n-100 because I wear glasses...works like a champ. I can't imagine the n-102 being any different.

For the record...I don't walk around the store with it flipped up because it is dorky looking as Ashley pointed out....lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Modulars are great in the American Sothwest, where at stoplights, you face can slowly melt into your clavicle.

Ashley: Any helmet worn into a store makes you, at best, an irritating poseur, at worst a geek, and in between there somewhere is the dork category.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I own two modular helmets, HJC and AGV. The AGV put the chin bar too close to my chin for comfort but the helmet fits securely. The HJC chin bar feels fine but the helmet fits a little loosely. So, what's the trade off? The AGV locking mechanism works better than the HJC, but the HJC has a better visual outlook. Basically, I'm not sold on the modular thing. The only thing I do enjoy is the ability to put around 15mph or under with the lid up for air flow, but other than that I just don't get the real comfort and protection I need. You may say go buy a better (more expensive) helmet, but being a poor single father of one the budget usually won't allow for an expense of more than $200. Makes the choices rather limiting.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
My first flip-up was a Bieffe and the chin bar was pretty chintzy. Beiffe made it pretty clear in the literature that this was a 3/4 helmet with extra wind protection. In fact you could even remove the chin bar and wear it like a 3/4.

My current flip-up is a Schuberth and it's very well made and comfortable.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I had one of the original Schuberth BMW System helmets when I had my K 100RS. I liked it well enough but it did seem a little noisey compared to my RF800. I really liked the reflective panels on each side and the little air dam you could add to the front when it's cold out. I took an Exacto knife to the foam to get a little more clearence around my ears because of the earpiece on my spectacles but other than that it was a pretty nice deal.

If I got another flipper I'd get a Shoei but Suomy's are becoming available now so I'd probably get that instead

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like the Nolan has my HJC beat. The wind noise is so bad that it's downright painful without earplugs and bearable with them. A Above 80mph it doesn't seem to increase much. Is it possible to wear any of the modulars without plugs?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.