Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Good find KP, or rather KA. I remember all of those, I had a bunch of Norton girl ads tacked to my wall as a kid. Great stuff, one interesting note is the two Sportster ads and the Superglide ad. Look at the gap between the fender and the rear tire, back then those two were actually built to have some suspension travel and handleing capabilities. Like every one else they were trying to keep up with the Brit. bikes LOL

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Good find KP, or rather KA. I remember all of those, I had a bunch of Norton girl ads tacked to my wall as a kid. Great stuff, one interesting note is the two Sportster ads and the Superglide ad. Look at the gap between the fender and the rear tire, back then those two were actually built to have some suspension travel and handleing capabilities. Like every one else they were trying to keep up with the Brit. bikes LOL
Isn't that the Hirider, the bike that got runner up in the worlds ugliest motorcycle contect?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
That is indeed the Hi Rider my friend, you need a side profile to truly get an understanding of how to ugly up a beautiful motorcycle. Even the saucey bint in silky drawers and knee high boots won't help

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
What's with that aircleaner too?

That is indeed the Hi Rider my friend, you need a side profile to truly get an understanding of how to ugly up a beautiful motorcycle. Even the saucey bint in silky drawers and knee high boots won't help
And the airbox, looks like they used an old Hormel canned ham tin.

I hear Eric Buell got the unipannier motor mount idea from Norton's isolastic deal...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I still have...

...an old Cycle World (before they became total m/c industry sycophants) where some minister wrote an irate letter saying he was going to drop his subscription and never buy a BSA because of those risque' ads. I hope he isn't still alive today or he'd definitely blow a gasket.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Harleys floating engine mounts on the Dyna are a progression of that idea as well, what the hey, it worked on the Nortons till the rubber wore out.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
...an old Cycle World (before they became total m/c industry sycophants) where some minister wrote an irate letter saying he was going to drop his subscription and never buy a BSA because of those risque' ads. I hope he isn't still alive today or he'd definitely blow a gasket.
I used to like Cycle and Cycle Guide better than Cycle whirled, all that changed when Dirt Bike then Easy Rider came out, though Easy Rider was hard to find and my parents got bent if they found one in the house

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.