Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Not 1%ers this time.

This is a good cause, as the widows and children of KIA's get very little in return compared to what they lost.

For them there are no multi-million dollar funds such as the ones survivors of 9/11 benefited from. I'm truly happy to see this effort underway.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

During the Vietnam War many pilots had an agreement amongst themselves to report each other MIA rather than KIA when they were shot down, even if it was apparent that the pilot was killed. The benefits for families of MIA are more generous than KIA. Not that in either case it's much to write home about.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

I'm sending in the $35.00 even though I can't make it. Wish I could send more.

A 5 day ride from Indy to Salt Lake in the summer? Bring lots of JC Whitney liquid bug remover. Splat. Beer works good too btw.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I don't understand why these types of fund raising should even be necessary. Our government trashes our military in an inexplicable fiasco in Iraq with no explanation or plan and without a hint of compassion for those who are forced to support it. It's not possible to host enough rides and rallys to compensate for the losses. What a ***** waste!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You could also say: "I don't understand why these types of fund raising should even be necessary. Our government trashes our military in an inexplicable fiasco in Vietnam with no explanation or plan and without a hint of compassion for those who are forced to support it. It's not possible to host enough rides and rallys to compensate for the losses. What a ***** waste!"

Well, at least they aren't getting dog shyt thrown on them by the lefties this time.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since we're getting started on the political debate, I think I'll share an email that I got today. Title=Liberal Bumper Stickers. I'm not a liberal myself, but still thought these were funny.

Liberal Bumper Stickers:

BLIND FAITH IN BAD LEADERSHIP IS NOT PATRIOTISM

IF YOU'RE NOT OUTRAGED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION

IF YOU SUPPORTED BUSH, A YELLOW RIBBON WON'T MAKE UP FOR IT

POVERTY, HEALTH CARE, & HOMELESSNESS ARE MORAL ISSUES

OF COURSE IT HURTS. YOU'RE GETTING SCREWED BY AN ELEPHANT

BUSH LIED, AND YOU KNOW IT

RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISM: A THREAT ABROAD, A THREAT AT HOME

GOD BLESS EVERYONE (No exceptions)

BUSH SPENT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY ON HIS WAR

PRO AMERICA, ANTI BUSH

WHO WOULD JESUS BOMB?

FEEL SAFER NOW?

I'D RATHER HAVE A PRESIDENT WHO SCREWED HIS INTERN THAN ONE WHO SCREWED

HIS COUNTRY

JESUS WAS A SOCIAL ACTIVIST -- THAT IS A LIBERAL

MY VALUES? FREE SPEECH. EQUALITY. LIBERTY. EDUCATION. TOLERANCE

IS IT 2008 YET?

DISSENT IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF PATRIOTISM -- Thomas Jefferson

DON'T BLAME ME. I VOTED AGAINST BUSH -- TWICE!

ANNOY A CONSERVATIVE: THINK FOR YOURSELF

VISUALIZE IMPEACHMENT

HEY BUSH! WHERE'S BIN LADEN?

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

STOP MAD COWBOY DISEASE

GEORGE W. BUSH: MAKING TERRORISTS FASTER THAN HE CAN KILL THEM

KEEP YOUR THEOCRACY OFF MY DEMOCRACY

DEMOCRATS ARE SEXY. WHOEVER HEARD OF A GOOD PIECE OF ELEPHANT?

ASPIRING CANADIAN

CORPORATE MEDIA: WEAPONS OF MASS DECEPTION

DON'T CONFUSE DYING FOR OIL WITH FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM

STEM CELL RESEARCH IS PRO LIFE

HATE, GREED, IGNORANCE: WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

HONOR OUR TROOPS: DEMAND THE TRUTH

REBUILD IRAQ? WHY NOT SPEND 87 BILLION ON AMERICA?

FACT: BUSH OIL

1999 - $19 BARREL

2006 - $75 BARREL

THE LAST TIME RELIGION CONTROLLED POLITICS, PEOPLE GOT BURNED AT THE

STAKE

I'LL GIVE UP MY CHOICE WHEN JOHN ROBERTS GETS PREGNANT

HOW ON EARTH CAN 59,411,287 PEOPLE BE SO DUMB?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Those are pretty good.

My favorites are:

Why do animal rights nuts only attack elderly women wearing furs? It's safer than going after biker gangs.

Driver carries only $20 in ammunition.

Caution: I Drive Like You.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
"Jesus was a social activist - that is a liberal."

Yeah. Hitler and Stalin were social activists too.

As with political slogans, most of them are just plain stupid. Funny but stupid. Ya gotta feel sorry for simpletons like that trying to get through life.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To me, the really scary thing is the fact our elected officials used slogans and sound bites just like these to get where they are today. Bottom line: These short sound bites are easy to remember and get an emotional reaction every time. As meaningless as they are, they work!!!

Scary huh?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I applaud them but call a spade a spade.

""As an unfortunate consequence of America's war on terror, many children of our active-duty military personnel are now members of single-parent families," Bock said. "In most cases, this also means their chances to attend college have greatly diminished. Children of military personnel who die on active duty are entitled to receive some money toward a college education, but it is not enough."

'

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.. The first sentence should read As an unfortunate consequence of Bush's unecessary Iraq war, many children of our active-duty military personnel are now members of single-parent families By the way Osama Bin Laden is still alive and freee..Red staters wake up...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Buy Bonds! Loose lips sink ships! We've got to beat the Kaiser to be wiser!

Ooops, wrong war(s).

How about "Bomb Iran"? At a theatre of war near you in October.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: I applaud them but call a spade a spade.

Do you have to polticize everything? Why don't you just have a big drink of Shutthefukup? After all, you liberals have stumbled us into the worst bloodlettings in history all last Century. Too bad not one of you has one ounce of shame.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Of course not. They went to Afganistan to chase the terrorists on our behalf - God bless 'em. It's the diversion to Iraq where all the useless bloody carnage is taking place that defies logic. Rumsfeld and Bush should be ashamed.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
If you are against gay marriage don't get one..

I am not a liberal nor am I a misguided Neocon. I am a fiscal conservative social liberal. If you are against gay marriage don't get one.. My politics are closer to G.H.W. Bush, Colin Powell, John McCain etc. Then Ted Kennedy, etc.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.