Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
These bikes are hardly ugly. Just different. I still love my 80 CB650. It's simple and effective, much like the CB750. And if you're into it i've seen a few really cool looking cafe racer's made from the CB750.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I saw a really clean blue '81 CB900F for sale about 7 years ago. I still kick myself for not picking it up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Pffft. If it were an 'F' model, you'd be bidding like everyone else! Or at least those of us old enough to remember when they were new, anyway.

Do you remember? When the CB750F in silver was the sportiest thing sold in the USA, and then Honda went and BORED IT OUT ALMOST TO A LITRE?!? Yowza!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Come on Man! Make it an '81 CBX (Red for me) and many of us would be racin' to pick it up. We can't all easily drop 100K pocket change to maintain the cool stable, not that it wouldn't be nice!

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
In my brief career as a moto sales person, it was amazing to find out what people thought their bikes were worth on trade.

A guy would come in with a completely tattered 86 GSXR750 and then say, "Blue Book is $2500."

Yeah right bro, let me write the check.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I might be interested in the '77 XS 750 "Dresser" but only if it comes with the following:

1. A case of Billy Beer

2. Lime Green Leisure Suit with white belt & shoes

3. A VHS mono cc of "Breaking Away"

And the XS-750 needs to have had a recent valve job....wink, wink.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.