Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REQUEST FROM MR. ALLCAPS

SINCE I'M GONNA BE IN THIS TANK AT THE MAYO CLINIC FOR A WHILE UNTIL I GET A DONOR BODY (FOR THOSE OF YOU JUST TUNING IN, I CRASHED MY GSXR1000 INTO A GRAVEL TRUCK AT 170 AND ALL THAT WAS LEFT UNDAMAGED WAS MY BRAIN WHICH THEY PUT INTO A SPECIAL NUTRIENT TANK IN THE EMPLOYEE LOUNGE AT THE MAYO CLINIC), I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY WOULD BE WILLING TO STRAP A COOLER ONTO THEIR BIKE THIS SUMMER AND PUT MY BRAIN INTO AND THEN POP SOME HELLACIOUS WHEELIES?

I CAN'T REALLY SEE ANYTHING, BUT I LIKE THE SENSATION OF SLOSHING AROUND IN MY TANK AND I'LL BET IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL TO DO SOME 140 MPH WHEELIES (MY 170 MPH WHEELIE DAYS ARE OVER! I LEARNED MY LESSON!) ON THE BACK OF A SPORTBIKE.

PLEASE NO SISSY-BOYS WITH 600s OR DETUNED STANDARD LITERBIKES! I LIKE THAT TOPEND RUSH!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well, yes. It's a good line, isn't it? I certainly thought that it applies here.

At the very least we have some future Darwin Award candidates here.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's ok, though. It's how we can verify that he's cool. For, uh, whatever values of cool it is that apply to people who can quote SF novels from memory. Ahem. Anyway.

-Kawazuki, a.k.a Speaker-to-Sportbikes

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: REQUEST FROM MR. ALLCAPS

THAT'S NO GOOD BECAUSE THE VIBRATION MAKES THE FLUID IN MY TANK START TO FROTH AND IT MAKES ME FEEL SICK. THANKS FOR THINKING OF ME, THOUGH. ALL I CAN DO IS THINK....

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Hey, I know another Niven/Pournelle line from memory. This one is for Al-Qaeda:

"Nuke 'em til they glow and then shoot 'em in the dark."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.