Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my swanky new Cee Bailey windshield the day before yesterday, installed in a few minutes using the supplied hardware and went for a ride around some local roads. Initial impression is that it's considerably quieter than the stock GS shorty and doesn't induce any annoying back pressure or handling irregularities...

Other than that I can't really say, as since we've been under some pretty heavy rain of near Biblical proportions I've been driving to work. The windshield is the stock shape more or less but 4 inches taller and 2 inches per side wider, they make a few different styles offering correspondingly larger or lesser amounts of wind protection put this one seems to work for me both functionally and asthetically

At any rate, seems decent enough, I had one on my K1200GT also and I believe Buz uses one on his K1600 with equally good results. They make a pretty wide veriaty of windshields for a various motorcycle models and also private aircraft and some automotive shades and deflectors so if you're in the market they're worth a look......

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Getting the right screen is a lifelong quest. The VStroms come with a stupid little screen that seems to be designed to create buffeting. I was able to get a decent result with a Madstad bracket and a Givi screen. But, I only used it once, last year when I was riding in 40 degree weather. Otherwise I use the short "sport" screen, which puts clean, smooth air right at the helmet.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not use a CB.

My shields for my 1300 and 1600 have been from CalSci.
OK, my mistake. Buzz wanted to get a Cee Bailey for his 1300 and 1600 but couldn't afford one so he got a CalSci instead......

·
Registered
323 Posts
I use a Cee Bailey windscreen on my Electra Glide - good product. If anyone is interested in one, note that their "light smoke" tint is nearly clear, and the opaque is just that, it is so black you can't see through it. The "dark smoke" tint is between those two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.