Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
7,113 Posts
Florida Model

One of the few things the Florida State Government has done that I like is requiring the M/C certification prior to registering the bike. You can buy all the bikes you want, but you can't take them onto public roads until you've passed (the admittedly imperfect but better than nothing) MSF course.

Seems like a good solution to me.

· Registered
11,482 Posts
People would look at my physique funny when I was younger - told 'em I was a "Professional Arm-Wrestler".......................

· Registered
11,482 Posts
Already crossed-off the List there, pardna'!

Sometime around 1987...............

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
But, dude, going after unlicensed riders makes the sheeple feel safer. As long as they "feel safe" and think that "something is being done about it" they are apparently willing to live in crime-ridden hellholes.

The people of NYC deserve the craphole they live in. They are welcome to it.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: I agree, but...

Well, duh. However this ain't Salt Lake City or Boise where there are maybe a dozen murders a year. This sort of LE activity is like sending the fire department to save a doghouse while across town an orphanage is burning to the ground.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Sounds raht subversive to me there, boy. Good thing that the War on Drugs has rendered this radical, out-of-the-maintream "right" largely superfluous. Now LE can be extra efficient.

Lots of jaywalkers and litterers to get next!

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: Oui oui

Well they don't have that in France. But they do have laws like:

Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of music on the radio must be by French artists.

It is illegal to kiss on railways in France.

No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner.

It is illegal to take photos of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background.

It is forbidden without a cemetery plot to die in the territory of the police department.

An ashtray is considered to be a deadly weapon

· Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts

I broke one of those thick glass ashtrays over some guys head when we had the riot at the club in Guantanamo, dropped him like a sack o' taters.

Hope he was an airdale.......

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts

If he dropped like a sack of taters, he was probalby a bosuns mate (black shoe). Us Airdales would be too loaded to feel anything, and we'd just stumble back to the bar for another Cuba Libre...

· Registered
409 Posts
You know, they probably saved a few lives by doing this. To many unlicensed riders having too many accidents all over the place. No license, no ride, however, they should do the exact same thing with the cagers! You know there have to be a lot of folks in NYC who never bothered getting a drivers license! Same mentality, just different ride. And to the posters claiming a catch 22 on the no license bit, get a friend who has a license and they can take the bike home once THEY get the bike legal...one would think that this would have been taken care of at the time of purchase, it is way down south in Georgia...

· The Toad
17,449 Posts

Oh yeah? In my experience airdales are usually passed out under the table long before the snipes and bosun's mates are even half loaded.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
I'll bet that they didn't save one single life. Licenses are largely toilet paper. Car licenses are jokes and m/c licenses are beneath pathetic. If you think otherwise just look at all the 3/4 blind codgers driving at 20 under the speed limit. The DMVs give out licenses if the oldsters are merely breathing.

· Registered
88 Posts
Everyone rants and raves about this. They do the same thing with cagers. Who here hasn't passed a seatbelt check point. You have to verify your license, registration, and insurance at these stops. If you don't have all of the above they impound your car. Simple as that. If you have a licensed driver in the car with you they will let that person drive away but you still get a citation.

Do the right thing and they can't take your bike. Simple as that.

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts

..those were weak airdales, the ones who cross-rated over from the blackshoe rates.

Real airdales can hold down five blue valuims, a gallon of sangria and 1/2 oz of red leb before passing out.

Obviously you stand corrected. pre whiz-quiz Navy of course..

· Registered
11,482 Posts
I've gone through more seatbelt/sobriety checkpoints than I can remember. Usually on a moto. If I'm riding, only once have they bothered to ask for my license (and that was in another State, with my Wife and a friend of ours on their bikes too) - usually just wave me on through. I guess the lack of wobbliness as I rode up to the cops was half a clue I wasn't drunk, and that's really what they were looking for.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.