Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sounds like a good ride, well presented. "soap box" caught my attention and IMHO Fred did a great job of letting the truth speak itself. I met Walt Fulton (Jr.) in 1975(?) at Willow Springs where he was helping us test. I talked him into taking my 400 Four for a few laps with his feedback being that he thought it would be hard to go fast on :-( (it was stock at the time). I met him again last year and confirmed, in my mind, that in addition to being a very interesting person to speak with he is a class act, big time. I consider him to be a living Legend and can think of no better representative of our sport.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Oatman for many years was known as a wild hangout for Laughlin River Run attendees. Nekkid partying was the order of the day.

The local cops put a stop to all that with checkpoints on either side of the mountain. The last time I rode up there a bunch of Harley types were standing around drinking diet coke with nary a bared boob to be found.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Steven Verschoor gets equal credit for this since he had the same suspicion as I did at about the same time. He emailed me about it literally as I was reading one of sbb's posts and thinking that the general level of obsequiousness sounded familiar.

SV is the guy you really can't get anything past (believe me!).

-sbp

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I'll have to give you guys props for pointing out that which should have been obvious, but slipped right by me. sbb's post at the very end of the California's new Senate Bill thread struck me as being an odd thing for a relative new comer to say, but I just couldn't see it for what it was. Perhaps the shear horror of realizing the truth caused my sub conscience to kick into a protective mode. Either that, or senility really is setting in. VWW

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hmmm. The censor got the first sh*t in your e-mail address, but not the second one.

Could it be the software can't catch all the sh*ts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I lived in Kingman, AZ for a while and this was one of my favorite rides. It doesn't get much better than an early Sunday morning ride to Oatman before the tar snakes became hot and slick. Beatifull road (not well kept, but the curves make up for that) and scenery. I now live in Kansas and miss curvey roads very much.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Isn't that Cool Springs stone gas station the one in the Grapes of Wrath where the Joads stopped right before crossing the Mojave into California? The scene where the grandma had just died and the cop shines his flashlight in her face.

Have to get out my copy tonight and see...

Great article BTW.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.