Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"Look for a Buell on the FX podium, haters."

I love the Buells, but... BWAHAHA!!! Seriously?

"The race, I believe, is schedjed on the Speed channel directly following the GP race in which Rossi will kick all their assets again."

Haven't you heard? Rossi is a washed-up has-been. No chance at all to win the championship. Stick a fork in 'im, he's done.

Y'know, just like Nicky was out of his league in MotoGP a couple years ago...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Nick might win a championship after Rossi retires. Other than that I think not. It'll be fun to see how he handles the pressure. He is 26 points up and hanging by fingernails with what? 7 races to go... Has he even had a DNF this year? need some Gibernau luck to set things even.

at least it is best GP season in as long as i can remember.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Re: What, the fairing should look more 'stealthy'?

In his column for MCN, Glyn Kerr has commented a couple of times on the advent of Stealth aircraft and their influence on styling and fairing designs. He noted that most manufacturers were adding sharp edges and creases.

Having seen a few of the shapes that seem to offer the lowest drag coefficients, I have to admit that I prefer pseudo-stealth to actually 'clean', and the XBRR is just one more example of why!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oh, stop it.

You remember Mad **** very well, I'm sure!

Of course, maybe I'm just making your point. I remember the commentator's take in those days: "...Doohan's lead had increased to 15 seconds, but his times have slowed by half a second per lap with fewer than ten laps remaining..."

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: What, the fairing should look more 'stealthy'?

Stealth aircraft are shapped for reduction of radar signature not aerodynamic efficiency or stability (it takes several computers to create the illusion of stable flight i.e. the pilot's actions are filtered by flight control software(FCS) so that it appears stable to him meanwhile thousands of actual corrections are made by the FCS to the control surfaces).

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
There is only one MO prophet and that is the great kpaul...kpaul says Rossi first, Hayden second, and Edwards third...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep I think Paul Wolfowitz has alot to answer for...I love how these guys who have never been to war are such hawks. The one man who saidIraq is a mistake, Powell, had been to war and wasn't listene to... God Ws band of merry men make me sick... Problem is whoever gets elected in 08 will have to fix the mess W made and it won't be easy..

·
Registered
424 Posts
I truly hope Buell does better this time around. But, even with that said I'm not holding my breath. We've all been disappointed too many times by Buell.

Were I McWilliams, I'd quit very loudly and publically if the bike falls apart during this race. I mean, enough is enough, the embarrassment is more than I can take.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I'm waiting for FX to allow V-8s over 1,500 lbs. It'd be nice to see a Boss Hoss next to a Buell on the starting grid. I must say that, as one of Mr. Bs "haters", I would love to see McWilliams kick some ass with that Buell. You see Johnny, I am not really a hater after all. It's just that Buells, as racing machinery, are just too easy to poke fun at. Let's raise a single malt in their general direction. Make mine a Dalwhinnie.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think the Buell's will definitely hold through the race, not only did they take their time making sure everything will work properly, it's also a short 40-45 min. race, unlike the 200 miles of daytona.

"Look for a Buell on the FX podium, haters." I like Buell's a lot, but no doubt you'll need less money to upgrade a 1350cc m/c then to upgrade a 600cc m/c. Just for fun, throw into the equation a stock $11,000 GSX-R1000 with good suspension setup and race tires and see how it holds.

And yes, Rossi will rule the USGP.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: I only have one question,

Yes but just as Zemke's FX honda is different from a normal CBR600RR, McWilliams FX XB-RR is different from a normal XB-RR (like the slipper clutch for instance)

at least you can buy a STREET LEGAL CBR600RR and I believe it even comes with a slipper clutch.

If a bike doesn't have to be street legal to race in the FX series could I enter on a Honda RS250 GP bike? Maybe I could claim it's just a modified NRS250 ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
clueless about history

man, you guys are sad! the dustbin fairing is the most efficient oneout there. It just doesn't "look" fast or cool. Erik isn't onto something, like a real engineer he actually reads the books on aero. (I wish he'd toss the engine already)

The aero research was done back in the 60's by HD, Norton and such. The buell's always stood for doing things the "right" way even if that meant running against convention.

I still think they should scrap the silly engine.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Better write it down before you sober-up.

Better yet, type it and print it - if your drunken handwriting is anything like mine when *I'VE* been hittin' the bottle, you'll be scratchin' your head all over again................

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.