Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
After a short stint.. of 16 years.. in the corporate world, I have been selling motorcycles in a large multi-line dealership in Southern CA for about 3 years. I would have shaken your hand and said congratulations with a smile on my face to boot!

Either there is something else to this story or the dealer was wrong. It is relatively common for people to pay cash for bikes where the dealer makes no "back end' profit on the financing. You are a customer and your method of payment is up to you.

I must admit when I got into the industry, I expected to sell to fellow motorcyclists with a passion for the sport most of the time. Instead it has been my experience that a lot of consumers want to come in "grind" the salesperson for the last $50 with no concern for the person helping them because they can get it on the internet or three states away for less.

Lucky for me there are enough people in my area that appreciate the level of service I give them and are happy to pay me for it. If you want to get the absolute lowest price, by all means go for it. Just try to understand that if you go to a retail store and spend a month of weekends with someone who provides test rides and answers all your questions just to buy it somewhere else, the bad Karma is on you.

OK, I'll stop ranting now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have a good point about the depreciation thing.

I have actually had good luck finding used sporties. You just have to be patient and find a guy like me who may ride the bike hard but has complete service records and stores the bike inside. There are also a lot of people who don't ride them hard and still maintain them well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So your local dealer was within $300 of your asking price on a $10K plus purchase and YOU wouldn't budge? You were bashing them and they were flexible and you were not. BTW, the LA dealer was violating their franchise agreement by shipping product outside their stated territory. If you think this is fair I say go open a moto-dealership and then tell us what you think.

Come on folks, these days you can always get something "cheaper" somewhere in the world. Support your local merchants and they will support you. I imagine the LA dealer will be happy to pick your bike for you and service it if you have a problem.... NOT. Before you discount this, I do this for my loyal customers when they are in a bind. You get what you pay for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.