Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Somewhere, somehow, there is this belief if you walk in with "cash" the dealer will roll out the red carpet. That's just not the case unless your credit score is 452.

There's more money to be made on the back end than the front. If you pay for a bike with cash the dealer makes whatever profit is built into the purchase price and you're gone forever. If I can get a wholesale interest rate and mark it up a couple of points I'll make money for five years. I might even give you a better deal on the bike.

You could always keep your cash at home. Finance the bike through the dealer (getting a better price in the process) and when the first payemnt comes in the mail, call the bank and ask for the payoff amount. Then use your cash.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
I'm not talking about dealers necessarily. He mentioned he won't accept CC in his business.

I understand the grinding that goes on. I worked for a short period of time in a multi-line dealer in SoCal as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.