Motorcycle Forums banner

Oklahoma Highway Patrol .

15K views 56 replies 31 participants last post by  pudlepirate 
#1 ·
Cool

#3 ·
Cool to be sure but I'm not sure what a good idea it is. I mean with radios etc. is a 150+ mile per hour chase really necessary? I would think this would really put the offender, the public and the officer at great risk. Are they ging to send the officer to track school?

#5 ·
And are they goijng to make them wear protective gear? I am always amazed at what motor officers wear, or don't wear, while patrolling. Why don't they get the pretty green and white leathers the German Polizei have?

I understand Aerostich made a special suit for police officers, and was absolutely underwhelmed by the demand.

#9 ·
Is this another cop toy bought with drug seizure/Homeland Defense money?

I'd rather they spend the money on teaching cops how to match the address on the warrant with the one on the house before they bust in on a no-knock and cap another innocent.

#15 ·
Is this like the NSA tracks your phone calls it's ok, if you have nothing to hide. Or is this like if the FBI raids an office of the member of the House of Representative, and there is probable cause, it becomes a separation of powers thing.

Sorry bored, no wheels, waiting for parts from out of town. Consider this fishing. I need the entertainment. Watched last years Mugello, all classes. Bored again.

#17 ·
Nice. More evidence that the police are totally out of touch.

You don't need a Busa to stop DUI. But then, the Police are not interested in stopping DUIs - they patrol to fatten the State/Local income stream.

At least OK not as bad as New York. Reportedly, if you fail to pay a speeding ticket in New York, they slap a FELONY on you. Now that's gov't at its best.

#18 ·
I don't think its ok for the government to track phone numbers, calls, and/or conversations. It is just another step in taking away rights and freedoms.

The FBI raid was based on a bribe that the representative took...in cash...in a briefcase. Not exactly an innocent by-stander. Most likely the FBI did over step there bounds, but let’s not over look the real story that our Representatives are (oh-so-shockingly) nothing more than crooks ready for a pay-off.

Sorry, but people have been killed who have had nothing to had in the past and it will also happen in the future.

The "what are you worried about if you have nothing to hide" defense is ridiculous.

AND all we need now are more cops that don't know when to brake off from a high speed chase and become a 150mph missile. They have enough problems not shooting themselves in the foot and head during training demonstrations.

#19 ·
Notice how terrifed the rest of the politicians are that they'll be raided too. I wonder why that is? (sarcasm off).

"Separation of Powers"..... what horseshyt. Nothing in the Constitution indicates that elected officials are exempt from prosecution for wrong doing.

What kind of idiot keeps bribe money in their freezer at home anyhow?

#24 ·
Be careful here in the land of Mary. The troopers aren't using bikes too much. But they are cruising around in Mustangs, Escalades, Expeditions, Sierra pickups, etc. And those cars that are marked have very flat lights on top that look like luggage racks. One way or another... The Escalade was a bit of a shocker, pretty white with gold trim. Saw it sitting in traffic on Mem. Day weekend. Nice set of MSP tags on it. With all the tickets that I saw being issued on I68 near Cumberland, I should never have to pay taxes. If you're coming by the western MD panhandle do slow down. It will get expensive, and there are so many places for the law to hide, you don't stand a chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.