Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
On Any Sunday reunion raises money

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article On Any Sunday reunion raises money in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Sometimes I wake up to the song...it's been stuck in my head for about 30 years now, "Over my shoulder watch the dust fly higher, come run and catch me if you can..." Then a tear hits the pillow.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I was in High School when the movie came out. I remember clearly how Malcom Smith suddnely became my hero, mostly because he went to Europe and won the trials races, which I guess no American had done before. I think every kid in the theater came out of there wanting to buy a bike, especially dirt bikes. It would be another year till I became a Senior and bought my 1st bike, a Yamaha RD-350 that I spent almost $600 on. I rented the sequel too, but didn't finish it; it just didn't make the connection the first movie did.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
You must be a couple years older then me, cause when OAS came out, we were still flat-tracking 26 inch 3 speed bicycles around an oval track we constructed at Silverlake Park. That soon changed to mini-bikes, where the Mighty Go Devil beat all opposition due to it's 50cc two stroke motor, a torque converter, and the rear sprocket being on the right hand side (the B&S bikes had the chain and sprockets on the left side, which would snap the 30 pitch chain and sling them into the bushes when heeled over for a left hand slide).

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'm a couple years older than dirt. But, I'm getting used to it.
It's interesting that when one gets older it gets much, much easier to accept being older! :) When I was about 35 I looked at aging with dread. Now that I'm 56 I consider myself at my prime. When I'm 75 I'll probably consider THAT to be my prime! :D In short, I've realized that aging is not something to dread, or to crab about.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
pretty well covers it

"In short, I've realized that aging is not something to dread, or to crab about."

I've realized that is is better to age than the alternative.
Seems like I went to bed one night a young man and woke up to find this bald gray bearded guy looking back at me in the mirror. Well it's been a hell of a ride so far and I hope it keeps going for many more years to come. I can't complain and I wouldn't change a thing.

On Any Sunday came out when I was in J.H.S. went to see it with my dad, we were already MX'ing then on my Super Rat and his 250 Chay-Zet... Cool flick, the sequel stinks though it's got some cool Speedway races.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.