Motorcycle Forums banner

On The Cheap

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kenneth_Moore 
I suggest you set aside a weekend for looking. Bring up ||| New and Used Motorcycles For Sale - Cycle Trader ||| - CycleTrader.com and do a search in your nearby area by price range. Weed out the obvious misfits (too big, too small, beaters and wrecks). You should be down to a reasonable number of bikes to look at. Call up the owners and strike out the sold bikes. Make arrangements for see the rest. Then go start visiting them, and the right bike will find you!

Thanks all!
I appreciate your comments and advice :)
There's a Ninja 250 that I pass on my way home and I think I'll go by tonight and sit on it and get a feel.
They want $1800-, but it was dropped in the truck as they moved it and has a pretty decent sized hole to the plastic.

Joie
If you get a deal on a pre-dinged bike, you won't hate yourself if you scuff it up or drop it during your learning time. A friend loves his Ninja 250, and doesn't really want anything else!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.