Motorcycle Forums banner

One Racer's Opinion Regarding The Future Of AMA Superbike

21226 Views 163 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  eddyline
first! AMA Superbike racing is already dead..
121 - 140 of 164 Posts
Re: Slow down there, killer

Don't lecture anyone on original thought. And for my facts and data, click HERE, HERE, HERE and this LINK.
Re: Thanks for the constructive criticism

Yeah, it was so perfect they dropped it.

God, your tinfoil hat is so heavily alloyed with retardium that it's impervious to cluebats.
I can't get the Moderate tab to work, so Seruzawa, I'm giving you "+4 - Says It All."
I guess I better choke up on the bat and go to right.
Re: Talk about faulty logic read this and then read my response to seruzawa

I'd like to see him pull this out of his hat as well. I like V-4's just fine but everything else being equal it will weigh more than an I-4 while being narrower, just like a V-twin will be heavier than a vertical twin/I-2. A counter might relate to power delivery on the edges of traction but that angle isn't going to go too far with me talking to the average rider, on the street. It doesn't seem to sink in that just because a particular configuration might someday show itself as the "ultimate", for motorcycle road racing with World class riders it might not be the best for the rest of us.

Until some realize that even in MotoGP the prototypes are trying to maximize performance within "the rules" they will look at results as "proof". The proof is a V-5 won MotoGP in '06 and a V-twin won World Superbike. Honda was able to lose a cylinder and compete thus the V-4 was "chosen" by them IMO. This would be the case if a true "Unlimited Formula Extreme" type class was as heavily competed for by the major manufacturers.

Best engine for street Motorcycle use? Juries still out as far as I'm concerned. I like bikes from singles thru sixes in every configuration. I like the different characteristics of those engines uniquely.
See less See more

Dudes, I'm Dyin' here!
Maybe we should act like good Mommy or Daddy and clap, shout, and jump up and down whenever "Junior" drops one?

Re: Talk about faulty logic read this and then read my response to seruzawa

Well, that tears it. You're in the GPTB now.

We'll get that membership card out to you ASAP.
"Ultimately, the v-4 800 cc motor will produce more torque and equal power to any inline motor of the same cc size."

Say what?
His wire Mommy couldn't. That explains everything.
I'm watching til 23:59, third direct comment to KP and you are out.
So I read the "One Racer’s Opinion" article and hope springs into my heart that a class of less powerful and more evenly matched Superstock motorcycles may lead to the return of AMA racing to the site of my beloved Loudon Racetrack (since mangled and renamed New Hampshire International Speedway by some soulless corporate s*****). Then I start reading this string and the topic turns to 750-800 cc V-4 bikes with 210-220 and some Kook bashing.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Kook bashing as much as the next MOron, but I haven’t heard much about premise of the original article, i.e., that replacing Superbikes with Superstocks would improve the current breed of streetbikes and make for more exciting racing. It sounds good to me. What do others think?

And by the way, I am fascinated by the topic of maintenance for obsolete V-Twins. Why must that be mutually exclusive with my interest in racing and the classes therein? Am I obliged to find only one drum and the beat it to death? What kind of a$$hole does that?
See less See more
Well, in my ideal world, streetbikes would go back to the old 500-750-1000cc divisions, and the only big-time racing class would be 750's.

How many posts do you have on this page schizuki?

Most of your posts are shrill Kook bashing i.e. totally devoid of all reasonable arguments..Who is the mentally ill person?
Re: Thanks for the constructive criticism

How many posts do you have on this page schizuki?

Most of your posts are shrill Kook bashing i.e. totally devoid of all reasonable arguments..Who is the mentally ill person?

How many posts do you have on this page seruzawa ?

More Kook bashing..
" totally devoid of all reasonable arguments.."

Oh, bullshyt. I've given plenty of reasonable arguments and asked you reasonable questions. You just choose to ignore them. Look again.
121 - 140 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.