Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cycle World, I beleive just did a story on these and said basically that the kit is good, if pricey.

They did have some issues with the hardware, but overall, they liked them.

Having seen a few sets I can tell you this:

The directions suck. Moving the ignition cyclinder is a pain, but doable. USe the shop manual to get the torque right.

And, buy a set a of bar end weights, it will make a huge differance in vibes.

A local guy has a set on an R-1 another on an older Fireblade. Bith really like them.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Stealth Moderator

Hmmm...the question was does anyone have experience with similar products and the Moronic Stealth Moderator changed the answer to off topic.

I suppose a John Kerry (I thought it used to be Wesley Clark that was the second coming) link might be more appropriate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the scoop on "Speigler" I was looking at the Heli and also Convertibars for my gixxer now I know where to go.

I hate the sore wrists and usually have a passenger so it will also be easier for them to hold on with out having to lean forward themselves. "I must be getting old but still like to have some fun :) "

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go for it. I installed a Speigler kit on my Honda F4 streetfighter about a year ago. They are close to perfect, excellent fit & finish and a riding position that is a good compromise for both high and low speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Question

I put them on a honda superhawk and they work great. Helibars were not enough change for me. THey did require changing out the brake lines and came with braided lines for that. Essentially once you install it, you can put any tubular handlebar on you like, so it would just take some experimenting to find the perfect set up for you. Order the bar end weights as well and vibration isn't an issue as cycle world reported. good luck

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I hear ya

The ST4 bars are really flat too. Not angled like most sport bikes. My hands were falling asleep in 15 minutes. Without the Helibars I would have sold it.

My current best day on the Duc is 650 miles. 300-400 is easy. 600+ can still get a little painful!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a set on a K1200RS BMW and love them. I've had the bike for 5 years, and was planning to sell it, but after installing the LSL bars it's a new bike. No problems with the kit. Spiegler includes a new brake line which was easy to install.

·
Registered
89 Posts
And remember to get your young perennials in before the first frost. It's not a bad idea to keep them covered to prevent the naughty squirrels from having a go either. Come early spring you will begin to see darling buds popping out all over your dash and creepers making full use of the airy frame provided by your new bars.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Re: Stealth Moderator

What's funny is that there isn't a single thing in that slickly-produced smear that would preclude voting for George Bush.

I have absolutely no interest in his history. All I want to know is if he'll uphold the Constitution. He has proven that he won't. Of course, neither will the Democrats, in fact they virtually make that a plank of their platform---the outrage of Bush is that he is from the party that, ostensibly, cares about what the Constitution actually says (at least more than the Dems). That makes his usurpment that much more egregious.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey, trade in you bike

Here's another thought. Maybe you can trade in your ride altogether. Check out the FZ1, I rode from NY to GA. Larger windshield helped of course, but I can't imagine the stock one on your '12 to be that great either.

Also - have you looked at lowering your forks and the rear a bit, even just 1/2"? it can really make a difference, especially on your wrists.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Stealth Moderator

"The Democrats need a candidate who can turn the cathode-ray gun on the Republicans...Kerry, a Navy lieutenant, had little time for the long knives wielded among the higher ranks; he was being shot at by snipers along the Mekong River. A Silver Star, a Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts attest to his bravery. No Republican of sound mind will call Kerry's character into question...he offers America's Democratic majority the best chance of winning the popular -- and electoral -- vote."

-- Santa Fe New Mexican, January 29, 2004

"Michigan Democrats can contribute to the cause at their Feb. 7 caucus by voting for Massachusetts Senator John Kerry to be the party's nominee for president...Kerry, 60, offers serious differences from Bush, both in background and on issues...Kerry has genuine military experience -- heroic, in fact -- and was an important leader in the effort to end the war in Vietnam."

-- Detroit Free Press, January 29, 2004

1 - 20 of 64 Posts