Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Prohibition? Yeah, you can whup up prohibition on junk like that anytime. It was all funny and stuff when I was rockin' and rollin' and doing whatever I felt like at the time, but now I am raising two kids here in the Bible-and-Meth Belt in Northeast Alabama and I shudder to think what's gonna happen when they get to that 'experimental' age. I know you gotta do what you can do to instill some caution into them, but that crap is so prevalent here...

·
Registered
540 Posts
I particularly like the part about how the opportunity for high profit in an illegal market is said to "attracts outlaws on bikes."

Big easy money attracts scumbags of all types...but we bikers...well we're s***** of a different breed apparently.

Like Meth has never been distributed from a car!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Clever. It's all fun and games until your kids or their friends or your friends kids or husbands or wives get tied up in that s**t.

Arrest 'em, hang 'em, feed 'em to a shark for all I care, people dealing or manufacturing meth. should be treated like the vermin they are.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yep here in WA. Meth is the Bubba's drug of choice. While trendy urban King County folks prefer BC bud and designer drugs. In rural King County,Meth is a plague. King County is very large county in terms of land area, 2,307 square miles. It is also the 12 most populus county in the nation at 1.7 million folks. So it is diverse. Because of its hilly evergreen forest covered terrain there also lots of hiding spots for Meth labs. I doubt the Meth traffic has slowed down at all the trafficers are just more becoming more sophisticated using RVs for mobile labs etc. King County Sheriff Dept does a great job but there job is large.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Not that I think dealing meth is a good thing, but trying to stamp out its use through prohibition, and arrests is tantamount to stepping on jello. It will always just ooze out somewhere else. The only reason that the Banditos, or anyone else is dealing meth is because of the false value, and therefore high profit margin artificially induced by the governments counter productive and short sighted policy. I do however resent that the public at large may perceive that the bulk of meth production is caused by a few motorcyclists. The plain truth is that Mexican drug cartels are now the producers of the vast majority of methamphetamine. VWW

·
Registered
514 Posts
The bottomless pork barrel

This whole meth thing is a conservatives dream...

as soon as legislatures look at cracking down on precursor chemicals the business lobbyists kick into gear, they don't want to give up the profits they make selling to meth cookers...

plus you've got the law enforcement and prison lobby wanting to keep those jails full and those "war on drugs" dollars flowing.

The very idea of drug law reform just makes them AND the little baby Jesus cry.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: The bottomless pork barrel

What? You're one of those. How could you possibly assign fault to conservatives?

I'm sure they keep blocking new laws in order to keep all of the good liberals too f#ked up to vote or in jail with a felony charge.....oh yeah, they can vote after they have been charged with a felony, while in jail and only if regestered a demo.

Intelligent argument! Go hug your tree

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: The bottomless pork barrel

Huh?

Business lobbyists and profits to meth sellers?

What's used to make methamphetimine? Let's see:

Ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, red phosphorous, hydrochloric acid, drain cleaner, battery acid, lye, lantern fuel, and antifreeze.

Yeah, I can see the CEO of Prestone calling his lobbyists to get on the Hill and stop that push to block meth. distribution. Profits will sink if we can't sell to the meth labs.

We buy 14 Million cars a year in this country. I can't possibly fathom how meth production would account for even a small fraction of a percent of antifreeze . Same goes for the other ingredient sales.

Go to a rural state, like Iowa, and talk to the folks about Meth. It's a real problem. You don't use it once. It's highly addictive.

Better yet, maybe you'd be for a meth lab next door to your house. See how that affects you. Better yet, you try it, and see how it affects you, then get back to us. Tell us its something for the greater good.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.