Motorcycle Forums banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

· Registered
11,482 Posts
Re: Terror Chatter is High...

Use your Beak.

· Registered
957 Posts
Recently a young man was sent to prison near where I live because the cop that was chasing him exceeded the capabilities of the vehicle he was driving. I don't condone runners. I also don't think very much of LEO's who put others in harms way because of their inability to analyze risk. I find it interesting that the tape of the rider, obviously taken before the "really dangerous manuver" will be used to look for him or her. So shouldn't the high speed pursuit have ended then...... Of course there is the old adage that there is a thin line between the good guys and the bad guys.

· Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: WARNING KBASHING THREAD IN PROGRESS

If you get lonely in KCJ bubba will give you a ride...oops but you will be playing the part of your R1...LOL

· Registered
11,482 Posts
Re: WARNING KBASHING THREAD IN PROGRESS

Clever. Ooh, you are indeed a wit.

Well, half that anyway...........

· Registered
872 Posts
The blood is NOT on his hands. He killed nobody.

· Registered
872 Posts
Cops love a good high speed chase. I talked to one in a bar once who said that he lived for them. Serve and protect!

· Registered
872 Posts
I know, I know, I did it on purpose, sorry folks.

· Registered
872 Posts
The biker should get felony evasion. The cop should get manslaughter.

· Registered
872 Posts
They didn't, unless it happened after the article. The biker is still at large.

· Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Again, for the slow kids; Speeding is wrong, but the police department killing 2 and injuring 15 for a non violent crime is even worse.

This doesn't just hold true when it comes to motorcycles. At least twice a month you here about a high speed chase that goes horribly wrong when the police department decides to go after a speeder in a reckless way. This is an abuse of authority.

Unfortunately, the only way this will change will be if a "very important" politician is affected personally by one of these very poorly executed chases.

Once again, for the slow kids; speeder should have pulled over. Cops shouldn't have acted recklessly and killed 2 and injured 15.

· Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"He, or she, was enforcing the law."

After reading that they put the chaser on administrative leave leads me to believe that the officer was in the wrong. Enforcing the law requires you to operate within the parameters of the departmental rules, and not play Clint Eastwood. I'm sure the chasing officer violated quite a few of those rules because they already put him on leave, and now he and the department will pay a heavy price for his actions.

· Registered
323 Posts
Try reading the whole thread. I didn't hear anyone defending the speeder other than to say he didn't kill anybody, and pursuing him wasn't worth endangering innocent citizens. Some people suggested some safer ways of capturing the suspect with less danger to the public.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.